Old 08-03-2010, 07:09 AM   #1
renesboy
renesboy began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Unwanted information in Epub files

After converting some books to epub using Calibre, i get random:

file://C:\Documents and Settings\ccf\Desktop\Author etc

inserted in the text.

Is there any way i can stop this happening during conversion by altering something in the conversion settings?
renesboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Post this question in the Calibre forum. They're very helpful
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by renesboy View Post
After converting some books to epub using Calibre, i get random:

file://C:\Documents and Settings\ccf\Desktop\Author etc

inserted in the text.

Is there any way i can stop this happening during conversion by altering something in the conversion settings?
I'm not sure I understand, but it looks like you should remove
headers and footers from pdf.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #4
HamsterRage
Evangelist
HamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoran View Post
I'm not sure I understand, but it looks like you should remove
headers and footers from pdf.
That sounds like a good idea. I've seen these too, and always with conversions from PDF. What I've done in the past is to use Sigil to edit out these strings from the ePub. I've also seen page numbers come in from PDF, too, and the RegExp in Sigil is handy for stripping them out.
HamsterRage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, conversion, epub, unwanted text