Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-13-2011, 02:22 AM   #1
physics
Enthusiast
physics will become famous soon enoughphysics will become famous soon enoughphysics will become famous soon enoughphysics will become famous soon enoughphysics will become famous soon enoughphysics will become famous soon enoughphysics will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle DX
Beta in Pdf

Hi all-

I'm not sure where to ask this question, so forgive me for starting a new thread. I've run into a bug in the pdf viewer in the kindle dx showing the letter beta in files compiled from latex. So, I'm looking into getting the large screen sony reader, but I'd appreciate if someone could check to see if the letter beta shows up ok in the pdf viewer.

A pdf with the letter beta is available at:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...le+letter+beta

If someone could check for me I'd be really grateful.
Thanks.
physics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I'm afraid your link doesn't work, at least not for me.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2011, 10:30 PM   #3
physics
Enthusiast
physics will become famous soon enoughphysics will become famous soon enoughphysics will become famous soon enoughphysics will become famous soon enoughphysics will become famous soon enoughphysics will become famous soon enoughphysics will become famous soon enough

Sorry, I don't know why that is. Here's the link again:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...le+letter+beta

Thanks!
Old 02-14-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Because of too much whitespace in the PDF it's all rather small but here's a screencap in landscape mode.

There does seem to be a bit of a spacing problem with the beta.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	beta.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	66634  
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:58 PM   #5
physics
Enthusiast

Thanks so much for checking for me!
Advert