Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-05-2006, 05:55 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
BookDesigner PDF creator for iRex iLiad dummies

While there's still some confusion how to properly generate PDF content for the iRex iLiad, MobileRead reader vvv came up with a promising-looking frontend utility called BookDesigner that seems to utilize the open-source tool PDFCreator to transform content to PDF for the iLiad (and other e-book devices for that matter).

If you look at the screenshot of BookDesigner in action, you'll notice that there are all kinds of useful parameters you can adjust to optimize the PDF output. According to vvv, it still needs some testing; but who knows, if you try to be nice to him, perhaps he'll hand out a copy to you.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:55 AM   #2
jackbrown
Enthusiast
jackbrown began at the beginning.

not sure if he's released the PDF version yet

I actually downloaded and installed the 4.0 version of the program from vvv a couple of days ago (saw it mentioned in a thread here); it looks like a nice program, but I'm not sure he's released the version that supports the iliad yet; I couldn't find any way to save PDFs at all, actually. Anyway, if anyone else had a different experience please post, 'cause I think this prog has serious potential to be useful.
jackbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2006, 04:04 AM   #3
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
The iLiad version of book designer is still in development. It has not been released yet. But vvv said it will be within the next two weeks, so be patient
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote