Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #76
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
If that doesn't comfort you and you have a need to be 'in the know', you can spend the next month or so reading threads in the Llounge to catch yourself up on psocks, llounge llamas, squirrels, otters, the blue one next to the fish, Germany and Portugal, hijacking threads and avatars, and so on and so on and so on...

Quote:
Wot !

nae mention o' Vera, Harv, Lefty (and 'tother un), Biggles, VR and the Goose !!!! and least of all wot about the Dougnuts and Chocolate !!!
Do you realize how long of a thread newcomers would have to read to encompass everything that can be found in the llounge?
VR, the "Is it donut day yet?" doggie, is always here to give us all advance notice that MR Donut Day (2nd day of every month, BTW) is upon us. Let me add, just so it's clear, that some of our members (myself included, I'm just not as vocal about it) are obsessed with CHOCOLATE!! It won't take anyone long to figure that out!
My sincerest apologies! I meant no offense leaving anything out. Heck, most of this stuff is way before my time and I've been here over a year!

Maybe someone can create a scavenger hunt to all discover all of the hidden and precious jewels found in the llounge! That scavenger hunt before Christmas sure was a lot of fun! Oliver Twist, anyone?
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:09 PM   #77
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:

Maybe someone can create a scavenger hunt to all discover all of the hidden and precious jewels found in the llounge! That scavenger hunt before Christmas sure was a lot of fun! Oliver Twist, anyone?
OH, please don't make me find you and hurt you............
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2010, 05:20 PM   #78
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Old 02-15-2010, 05:01 AM   #79
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Do you realize how long of a thread newcomers would have to read to encompass everything that can be found in the llounge?
VR, the "Is it donut day yet?" doggie, is always here to give us all advance notice that MR Donut Day (2nd day of every month, BTW) is upon us. Let me add, just so it's clear, that some of our members (myself included, I'm just not as vocal about it) are obsessed with CHOCOLATE!! It won't take anyone long to figure that out!

wot !

sorry,

eh?

who be obsessed by chocolate ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #80
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
wot !

sorry,

eh?

who be obsessed by chocolate ?

Have some homemade fudge?
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #81
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
My sincerest apologies! I meant no offense leaving anything out. Heck, most of this stuff is way before my time and I've been here over a year!

The upcoming contest will be even more fun!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:36 PM   #82
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
It's ok, Rebarnmom - your location is a carefully guarded secret. She'd have to torture me to make me tell

Shel
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #83
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
It's ok, Rebarnmom - your location is a carefully guarded secret. She'd have to torture me to make me tell

Shel
Phew! That's a relief, because when you used to do a search in Google Maps on our address, it would take you to our neighbors, which was fine for me, flying under the radar and all. Didn't find this out until I ordered a Personalized Puzzle "Your Home is the Center of the Map" and found our little piece of the puzzle was our neighbors place!

Click image for larger version

Name:	puzzle map.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	45640

But now they fixed it! If I knew Google was coming I'd have put on my scuba gear!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=734
Old 02-19-2010, 02:50 PM   #84
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Talking

There is one thing this topic suerly does, and it's to prepare all newbies for what they should expepct from this forum:
  • A lot of Chocolate
  • Perky butts
  • Pancakes with bunnyhairs in them
  • Some mysterious blue ones next to the fish
  • and the llamas of course
That pretty much sums it up.

Last edited by LCF; 02-22-2010 at 07:01 PM. Reason: stupid me, forgot the llamas
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:54 PM   #85
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCF View Post
There is one thing this topic suerly does, and it's to prepare all newbies for what they should expepct from this forum:
  • A lot of Chocolate
  • Perky butts
  • Some myserious blue ones next to the fish
Now, I've been here about a year now and I haven't noticed these 'perky butts' of which you speak. I am aware that there are plenty of sites where such things can be seen, but I share this laptop with the kids and, besides, this would be much more of a 'one stop shop' if I knew where they were here.

Perhaps you could point me in their direction please?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:05 PM   #86
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No way. If you really share this notebook with the kid, than you better keep looking in the same direction.
Also, I share this laptop with my girlfriend, so that's two times "no way".
Old 02-19-2010, 11:17 PM   #87
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Now, I've been here about a year now and I haven't noticed these 'perky butts' of which you speak.
Perhaps you could point me in their direction please?
Perhaps you missed post #19 and several posts following that one!
You know you can't miss a page around here without missing a lot!
Old 02-19-2010, 11:24 PM   #88
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCF View Post
  • A lot of Chocolate
  • Perky butts
  • Some myserious blue ones next to the fish
  • and the llamas of course
You summed that up quite nicely!
Maybe we need a thread reporter to give us the llounge "highlights of the day"... or should I say reposter?
Old 02-20-2010, 01:40 AM   #89
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
heh...

not a single one of those describes me.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 07:03 AM   #90
LCF
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
heh...

not a single one of those describes me.
You're the secret bonus content, the one not listed ot the front page.