Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 01:57 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
How To Join Our Happy Family!

Any organization is improved with the addition of 'fresh blood'

(Dr Drib, back away.....)

If you are new here, or have just been 'lurking' for a while, you'll notice many of the same names pop up quite often.

It may seem like we're a 'clique'. You may feel a tad overwhelmed, by all the different forums, threads, conversations.

Never mind......we were all new once. Heres what you do.

Join in on any, and every, conversation that interests you. Pro or con, whatever your thoughts are, let us know.

Jump in constantly. There are no 'closed' conversations here.......regardless of how it may seem. The more you post, the more familiar your name will become.

Lilac Jive is a good example. When she started, I thought she would never shut up. (JK, LJ. )

Happy_Terd is another. Somehow, when you join in on different threads often, you seem to kind just 'slide in'.....and before you know it........you're a regular! We don't bite (except for Dr. Drib and I think his teeth come out at night) and we don't intentionally ignore.

Start a new conversation on something. Ask questions. Never hesitate to ask questions, no matter how 'dumb' they may seem to you. Maybe someone else wants to know the same thing.

Another way to join in on the fun? Help us "welcome" the new posters. You can check the "Introduce Yourself" forum for new posts, or just say "welcome" as they pop up. You don't have to be an "old hand" to say "hi".

Just one thing to remember. You must follow posted guidelines on whatever you post. Here is a link.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/faq...ing_guidelines

Remember.....we are a world wide forum. Members from places you never dreamed of all over the globe come here to learn and play. We're like a "microorganism" of the real world. I guarantee after a while you'll learn lots of great information on different cultures.

We do share one thing. We all love to read.

So........c'mon. Join us. Just watch out for the Monkey Boy, the llamas, the squirrels and the dogs and the cats, and the ferrets.

Last edited by desertgrandma; 02-10-2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: addendum
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
You forgot the blue one next to the fish.

But seriously, ditto on everything DGma said. I joined a tad over a year ago, got welcomed and assimilated instantly. MR is a great place to hang out.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
joobies
Addict
joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 1, Sony PRS-505
Good job, DesertGrandma.
There are a wide range of folks here - to be sure.
I am constantly amazed and impressed how helpful and generous this group can be.
joobies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:35 PM   #4
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
You forgot the blue one next to the fish.

But seriously, ditto on everything DGma said. I joined a tad over a year ago, got welcomed and assimilated instantly. MR is a great place to hang out.

Here I am. Don't forget me.

Name:  oops0000.gif
Views: 3775
Size:  1.6 KB . . . sorry.

You meant the other blue one?
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
Here I am. Don't forget me.

Attachment 45370 . . . sorry.

You meant the other blue one?
And the pandaborg, and shums, and.......what/who else did I forget?

And what was I saying?
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 02:59 PM   #6
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Well put DG, as a recent newbie, it is quite easy to get involved and join in a conversation. There are some that are fairly easy to join as well like the ongoing 4 word post story thread (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...63349&page=105), or better yet, the "just three words" thread (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=47355&page=40), where, literally, 3 random words will get you a post that no one will think twice about.

If you're here for information go ahead and post your question, if it's not the right place for it one of the kind moderators will move it for you - they'll even do it politely. Honestly, I've posted on a lot of forums and in various places and the quality of people here is head and shoulders above most other places.

So welcome, post, have fun, and keep reading!!
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:01 PM   #7
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Thhhhggggpppppppp!!!!!!!!

If you think I talk a lot online, you should meet me in person
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:04 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Thhhhggggpppppppp!!!!!!!!

If you think I talk a lot online, you should meet me in person
Was that a 'rasperry' you're giving me there?

And hows the snow?
Old 02-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Was that a 'rasperry' you're giving me there?

And hows the snow?
Sure is

It's a blizzard, I think we've got at least ten inches so far. I can only see about two blocks away. I really need to get off my butt, that driveway isn't going to shovel itself.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #10
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Sure is

It's a blizzard, I think we've got at least ten inches so far. I can only see about two blocks away. I really need to get off my butt, that driveway isn't going to shovel itself.
Hmmmm....self shovelling driveways - can I patent that?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #11
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
You meant "happy" family in reference to me right?
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #12
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Moving right along . . .

I'm of the mind (yes I do have one) that it's high time we detoured this thread for another public service announcement within this original public service announcement.

Bear with me, my train of thought just jumped the track for a moment. Nothing serious. I can fix it. Band-aids and chewing gum work wonders when you're fresh out of duct tape.

Now, where was I?

Yes, yes, yes. I remember where I was going. And if I don't hurry, I'll be late. So everybody behave and have fun, and I'll see you later.

Whew. That didn't take as long as I expected.

Now, as I was saying . . . desertgrandma started out here being the resident poll-meister (with a stick). But once she mastered being "Mistriss of the Poll" and then got her ABBA tattoo, she's morphed into Mobileread's diplomatic ambassador, curator and guide to all things informative and linky; MR's living and breathing table of contents, index, bibliography, instruction manual and name dropper, not to mention one of the regular passengers of the welcome paddywagon.

Major kudos and karma to you dgma.

Can we fit all that on a new name tag?

Last edited by Lady Blue; 02-10-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #13
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Lies, all lies!

It is a closed click, and nobody's opinion counts except mine and the chosen few. The best part of MobileRead is in the secret forum, which requires a special password to access it. It is a tight circle of annointed ones known as the Build-A-Burger Group. Membership is by invitation only, and be prepared to have your credit checked prior to invitation.

Who controls the British crown? We do, we do.
Who keeps the metric system down? We do, we do.
Who put the wraps on the electric car? We do, we do.
Who made Steve Gutenburg a star? We do, we do.

(2 points to anyone who can name that reference)
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #14
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Lies, all lies!

It is a closed click, and nobody's opinion counts except mine and the chosen few. The best part of MobileRead is in the secret forum, which requires a special password to access it. It is a tight circle of annointed ones known as the Build-A-Burger Group. Membership is by invitation only, and be prepared to have your credit checked prior to invitation.

From the Simpsons I believe - was it the Stonecutters?

Can I have my 2 points?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:38 PM   #15
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Lies, all lies!

Uh oh - dg's going to come after you with her big stick for this post!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote