Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-18-2011, 08:21 AM   #316
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
The Blio website says: "iPhone, iPad and Android versions coming soon", yet you've already found it on the Android Market. Good catch, Prophet! And thanks for the review.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #317
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
Quote:
Originally Posted by prophet5590 View Post
Thanks for the detailed review. I've added it to the list!
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #318
caitlinm
caitlinm began at the beginning.

Device: sony ereader, ipad2
this may have been mentioned, but there are quite a few pages to read through here...the OverDrive Media Console also works for all (i think?) libraries in Canada as well as the US.
caitlinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #319
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlinm View Post
this may have been mentioned, but there are quite a few pages to read through here...the OverDrive Media Console also works for all (i think?) libraries in Canada as well as the US.
It's in the list. I use it and it works well if your library happens to have ebooks "in stock." My local library cooperative (from Orlando to Tampa, FL) doesn't have that much.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:34 PM   #320
ZapBeeb
ZapBeeb began at the beginning.

Device: Htc Desire Z
Hi everyone,

I was looking for an ebook reader that can:

Take notes, highlight, add comments... so far i'm using Moon reader that looks promising,
but there is another feature i'd really like, and that is to be able to sync the books with
annotations and everything else on different devices, like ereaders for ereading, and
desktops to edit and do stuff but still retaining the ability to work offline from the phone
or the ereader.

Is there anything you can recommend?
ZapBeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2011, 02:43 AM   #321
blak4dr
Zealot
blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 623, Kobo Glo HD, Aura One,Aura H2O2
Mantano is very good for the first part. You can export your notes and stuff, but right now you can't synchronize them.
blak4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:01 AM   #322
beartard
Minister of Linux

I attempted adding image links from the Market for the list. I don't like it and probably won't leave it this way. vbulletin only allows 30 images per post, so it wouldn't work anyway. I removed some dead market links (bye, Laputa) and updated prices for paid apps. Full revision is still forthcoming.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:22 AM   #323
carmelra
Zealot
carmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toys

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by beartard View Post
I attempted adding image links from the Market for the list. I don't like it and probably won't leave it this way. vbulletin only allows 30 images per post, so it wouldn't work anyway. I removed some dead market links (bye, Laputa) and updated prices for paid apps. Full revision is still forthcoming.
Great work! Thanks.

I think a better way to present this list might be to use a table as the one used for the eReader devices.
carmelra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #324
tamole
tamole has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Droid X
You can sync by backing up to Dropbox. Not perfect, but it works.
tamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:14 PM   #325
beartard
Minister of Linux

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelra View Post
Great work! Thanks.

I think a better way to present this list might be to use a table as the one used for the eReader devices.
Could you link me to that? I've tried test posts using several different table formats and none seem to work on mobileread. I'd love to convert this into a table, but I still don't know about the formatting and if it would be any better due to the notes.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:06 PM   #326
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
I'm looking for an epub reader that allows access to footnotes and has an offline dictionary. These would both seem to be critical features for a reading app, but so far I haven't found an epub reader that does both. The Kindle app does do both, but of course it can't handle the epub format. I'm sure there is an epub reader that can do both, but so far I haven't found it.

Can anybody help?

Thanks.
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:01 AM   #327
carmelra
Zealot
carmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toyscarmelra shares his or her toys

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by beartard View Post
Could you link me to that? I've tried test posts using several different table formats and none seem to work on mobileread. I'd love to convert this into a table, but I still don't know about the formatting and if it would be any better due to the notes.
I noticed that the table I referred to is actually built in the Wiki section.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_Reader_Matrix

Anyway, I think it might be a good idea to implement it in this way.
carmelra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:28 PM   #328
beartard
Minister of Linux

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmelra View Post
I noticed that the table I referred to is actually built in the Wiki section.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_Reader_Matrix

Anyway, I think it might be a good idea to implement it in this way.
Thanks. vBulletin does support tables, but mobileread doesn't implement it in their forums. The code used in the wiki is different. Most of this info is already in the wiki, as noted in the first post. Maybe I'll transfer it all over one day.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #329
jklogos
jklogos began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Question ebook readers for enhanced epub with audio or video content

Does anyone know if there is an ebook reader that can display enhanced epub embedded with audio or video recording? I have been looking for such one, but haven’t found it yet.
jklogos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:30 PM   #330
Pinkie
Connoisseur
Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard, Nook Color, Kobo
Mantano Reader has a free version now, ad supported. I'm loving it so far. The Sync feature isn't foolproof, it misses some books, but you can use the Explorer to go to the file where your books are and then it will import them.
My main problem with Aldiko and Moon+ is that they don't show italics in the text. You can switch to the publisher version in Aldiko, but there's only one typeface and it's horrible, and the page scrolls. And Aldiko doesn't have any note taking facility, and the only external note takers it will link to are online.
My second reader of choice is Cool Reader, because that does render the text properly, but the interface isn't as polished, and there's no Collections manager.
Nook's margins are far too wide, even at the narrowest setting.
Pinkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, android;ebooks, cliq, droid, nexus one