Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-24-2009, 10:01 AM   #1
cherylanita
cherylanita began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 600
Sweet Deal

For those of us who dont have a kindle- Kobobooks has "Under the Dome" for 9.99. When I went to Sony Reader store this morning I almost passed out! 24.99.
Go to Kobobooks and use the 25% off coupon and it's just 7.00 and change.
cherylanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:07 AM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylanita View Post
When I went to Sony Reader store this morning I almost passed out! 24.99.
This is what drives piracy
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
This is what drives piracy
I mentioned in another thread to give it a day or two and Sony will drop the price to $9.99.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 10:36 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Remember..........there is always the "kindle for pc" app (free)

You download it to you computer, and then can buy kindle books. No Kindle, Ihpone, etc needed.

Then......if you are adventurous, you can liberate those self same books and read on your own device.

Just a thought.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:24 PM   #5
BookLoverToo
Enthusiast
BookLoverToo doesn't litterBookLoverToo doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
The deal of the day at Kobo for Dec 24th (at least in Canada) is 50% off Stephen King books - use code King50 at checkout.
BookLoverToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Remember..........there is always the "kindle for pc" app (free)

You download it to you computer, and then can buy kindle books. No Kindle, Ihpone, etc needed.

Then......if you are adventurous, you can liberate those self same books and read on your own device.

Just a thought.
That is another excellent point!
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:14 PM   #7
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
The King50 which allows for 50% off a Stephen King book does not apply to Under the Dome. I think it only applies to his classics.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:50 PM   #8
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Too bad Kobobooks are useless to anyone outside the US. So far I couldn't find any book from them that's available in my region.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:29 PM   #9
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I go on Kobo but Under the Dome isn't listed. I wonder if it's because I'm in Argentina at the moment even though my account is based on a US credit card.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:01 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
I go on Kobo but Under the Dome isn't listed. I wonder if it's because I'm in Argentina at the moment even though my account is based on a US credit card.
Can you get someone at home to buy it for you and you can download it when you get home?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:15 PM   #11
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I just got it at Kobo! Sony now has it for $9.99.
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 07:06 AM   #12
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can you get someone at home to buy it for you and you can download it when you get home?
The mistake I made was failing to log in. Once I did that it came right up. But today is the 25th so I'm too late for the 25% off deal. OTOH, I'm in Buenos Aires and it's 80 degrees and sunny.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:23 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The mistake I made was failing to log in. Once I did that it came right up. But today is the 25th so I'm too late for the 25% off deal. OTOH, I'm in Buenos Aires and it's 80 degrees and sunny.
If you search around MR, there is a 20% off coupon for Kobo.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:52 AM   #14
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you search around MR, there is a 20% off coupon for Kobo.
Found it! And just bought Under the Dome

Thanks!
Old 12-25-2009, 08:56 AM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Found it! And just bought Under the Dome

Thanks!
Well done. Enjoy reading!