Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-18-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Challenge for MR members.

Okay......in looking at the "Introduce Yourself" thread, I'm seeing a LOT of newbies, but just a few "welcome" posts for each one.

I remember being new, and how good it felt to get a ton of 'welcome" messages.......I knew nothing, but it gave me the courage to persist in posting, and asking questions.

It only takes seconds to click on that obviously new poster, and say "welcome" or anything else you'd like to.

Cassidym sets a fine example.

Lets continue to show people why this board is the best out there.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:22 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I think you should put a warning in every welcome post about that blackhole that is called MR... Once you're sucked in, you'll never be able to get out!

(hmmm, reminds me of "Hotel California"...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2009, 09:23 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I think you should put a warning in every welcome post about that blackhole that is called MR... Once you're sucked in, you'll never be able to get out!

(hmmm, reminds me of "Hotel California"...
Change that to "I".......

Loooove that song!
Old 06-18-2009, 09:29 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Change that to "I".......

Loooove that song!
Ok, "we"...
Old 06-18-2009, 09:36 AM   #5
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Ok, "we"...
Them?
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2009, 09:42 AM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

'everyone' ........repeat after me.

"I will welcome new members."

Give me a downside to this.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:46 AM   #7
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
'everyone' ........repeat after me.

"I will welcome new members."

Give me a downside to this.
A new member comes into the lounge and actually does something "utterably Silly"
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:46 AM   #8
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Hmmm, I think we should let DGM welcome them, while the rest of us issues warnings about the event horizon of a black hole...
Old 06-18-2009, 10:10 AM   #9
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Wait... What?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:19 AM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Wait... What?
'sigh. Pay attention!!!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:30 AM   #11
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

He's too busy collecting those $300 from every new member that collapses, because nobody warned them!
Old 06-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #12
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
She's right, you know. It's just a moment of your day to say "Welcome!," and occasionally there are some pretty interesting intros. I keep an eye out especially for southeasterners, WDE makes a point of welcoming Canadians (although why they don't just go ahead and admit that they are really Americans is beyond me), and so on. You don't have to worry if you miss a couple, because Cassidy heroically covers them all, but it is nice to extend a hand to a (possibly already overwhelmed) newbie. Give Cassidy karma often!

Back during the K2 giveaway, we were all pitching in! 50 or 60 newbies per day! Whew!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:44 AM   #13
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
She's right, you know. It's just a moment of your day to say "Welcome!," and occasionally there are some pretty interesting intros. I keep an eye out especially for southeasterners, WDE makes a point of welcoming Canadians (although why they don't just go ahead and admit that they are really Americans is beyond me), and so on. You don't have to worry if you miss a couple, because Cassidy heroically covers them all, but it is nice to extend a hand to a (possibly already overwhelmed) newbie. Give Cassidy karma often!

Back during the K2 giveaway, we were all pitching in! 50 or 60 newbies per day! Whew!
Are you ready for our next scheduled history and pronunciation lesson DGal?

WDE (WelcomingDelegatesEveryday)
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #14
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Are you ready for our next scheduled history and pronunciation lesson DGal?

WDE (WelcomingDelegatesEveryday)
When you say "zoo" it does not come out "zedoo." What more proof do you need that "z" is the only consanant in the letter? "Zed" pfft! You know that in your head, you are thinking "zee" when you sing the Alaphabet Song.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:42 PM   #15
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
DGM makes a very valid point. If someone joins and they get a chilly reception, they may not come back.

Besides, we need more company down here in the blackhole.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote