Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-29-2008, 04:52 PM   #1
lisamarie2612
lisamarie2612 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Just received my first Cybook

Hi,

I mentioned on here a couple of weeks ago I was looking to buy an ebook reader and after some great advice (Thanks) I have just received my Cybook.

Ive managed to figure out the basics and have downloaded a few free books but am looking for a site where I can download as cheaply as possibly some of the newer titles currently on bestseller lists. Most of the site I have found so far are US and charged in Dollars can anyone recomend any sites where I can either use paypal or pay in £'s?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Lisa
lisamarie2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 05:52 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamarie2612 View Post
Hi,

I mentioned on here a couple of weeks ago I was looking to buy an ebook reader and after some great advice (Thanks) I have just received my Cybook.

Ive managed to figure out the basics and have downloaded a few free books but am looking for a site where I can download as cheaply as possibly some of the newer titles currently on bestseller lists. Most of the site I have found so far are US and charged in Dollars can anyone recomend any sites where I can either use paypal or pay in £'s?

Lisa
Fictionwise.com takes paypal. Can't you just use a UK credit card and the credit card company will just convert the dollars to pounds?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2008, 06:19 PM   #3
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Indeed, www.fictionwise.com and www.booksonboard.com are my two primary sources for ebooks, and you do save a bundle as the prices are cheaper then UK prices.

Fictionwise and Booksonboard can both accept payment from Uk credit card or through Paypal (My preferred method). BoB can also accept payment trough Google Checkout and they offer an addition 2% discount which you may as well take as it just takes a minute to setup the first time.

As for which store is cheaper, it really depends. If you are a fictionwise club member (Which costs $25 but you can often get deals to get it back as micropay) many books may work out cheaper. If you buy regularly, you can usually get back the savings in a few months.

Books on Board usually has prices cheaper then Fictionwise's Listed prices, but equal to or higher then the club prices.

But some books seem to regularly be cheaper at one or the other so its well worth checking on both.

www.Cyberread.com while not usually cheaper does currently have a discount code (THKU08) which will give you 50% discount on the books, so may be worth checking out.

Best of luck and welcome to the eBook Readers club

Last edited by bbusybookworm; 11-29-2008 at 06:21 PM.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
ClintBrauer
Enthusiast
ClintBrauer doesn't litterClintBrauer doesn't litterClintBrauer doesn't litter

Device: Readius
LisaMarie - It's CyberRead.com. We'll help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisamarie2612 View Post
Hi,

Lisa
LisaMaria - Today is your lucky day. I just posted the message below and need some testers for a function on our site. I'm offering 50% off until 1/20.

Here's the message:
-----

We have a working version of manual PID review and entry (meaning it is not polished & pretty) working on our site as of this morning. A screenshot is attached to this post.

I would like to have some folks from this board test and let me know your thoughts. Here's a code for 50% off your purchase for testing purposes. (the code expires on 1/21)

The code is: MREAD1

It would be preferred if you can log any issues via our support interface at http://cyberread.custhelp.com (easier for us to track), but you obviously can discuss here as well. (couldn't stop you even if I wanted to!)

Look forward to hearing the criticism.

Clint Brauer
General Manager
www.cyberread.com
ClintBrauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #5
ClintBrauer
Enthusiast

One other thing. We now accept Paypal as well.

Clint Brauer
General Manager
www.cyberread.com
Advert
Old 01-14-2009, 06:13 PM   #6
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintBrauer View Post
LisaMaria - Today is your lucky day. I just posted the message below and need some testers for a function on our site. I'm offering 50% off until 1/20.

Here's the message:
-----

We have a working version of manual PID review and entry (meaning it is not polished & pretty) working on our site as of this morning. A screenshot is attached to this post.

I would like to have some folks from this board test and let me know your thoughts. Here's a code for 50% off your purchase for testing purposes. (the code expires on 1/21)

The code is: MREAD1

It would be preferred if you can log any issues via our support interface at http://cyberread.custhelp.com (easier for us to track), but you obviously can discuss here as well. (couldn't stop you even if I wanted to!)

Look forward to hearing the criticism.

Clint Brauer
General Manager
www.cyberread.com
I'm trying to buy a couple of Brent Weeks' books, but an error appears saying it's not available in mobipocket format, although that's the only format available in the site.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 06:27 PM   #7
ClintBrauer
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
I'm trying to buy a couple of Brent Weeks' books, but an error appears saying it's not available in mobipocket format, although that's the only format available in the site.
Yeah...there was a time gap between the title being pulled by the publisher and it being pulled from our store.

It affected about 4 customers last night/this morning. Normally not an issue, but I think the amount of books removed from circulation was unusually large.

Sorry for the issue...it's beyond annoying I believe that I replied to you via our help system as well.

Clint Brauer
General Manager
www.cyberread.com