Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #1
roycymru
Connoisseur
roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: Kobo Touch
Return of large blank footer space in 2.10.0

Hi

I upgraded to 2.10.0 via wi-fi (in UK) last night and have noticed the return of large blank footer space "bug" in 2.10.0 on my Kobo Glo. Has anyone else noticed this. I am using epubs converted to "kepub" using the KoboTouchExtended driver and therefore an update to this plugin might fix the problem, but I have my doubts

How are official Kepubs do they have a large blank footer space in 2.10.0 as well?

I believe there were some potential workarounds last time this happened. Can someone please remind me what these are?

Regards

(otherwise upgrade at the moment seems stable and fine)
roycymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by roycymru View Post
Hi

I upgraded to 2.10.0 via wi-fi (in UK) last night and have noticed the return of large blank footer space "bug" in 2.10.0 on my Kobo Glo. Has anyone else noticed this. I am using epubs converted to "kepub" using the KoboTouchExtended driver and therefore an update to this plugin might fix the problem, but I have my doubts

How are official Kepubs do they have a large blank footer space in 2.10.0 as well?

I believe there were some potential workarounds last time this happened. Can someone please remind me what these are?

Regards

(otherwise upgrade at the moment seems stable and fine)
The workaround was using Metazoa's patcher. He released official versions for 2.6.1 and 2.8.1(original not the re-release). There were modifications posted in the Kobo Patcher thread for 2.8.1b and 2.9.0. According to what I've seen in a Russian language thread, Metazoa is working on a 2.10.0 version but has been diverted by using Coolreader rather than Kobo's code to read so it may take a while to get the patcher for 2.10.0 up and running.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2013, 02:42 AM   #3
roycymru
Connoisseur
roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Device: Kobo Touch
Coolreader on the Kobo Glo! How does that work, sounds interesting?
roycymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:40 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
It works very poorly since itdiverts attention from the 2.10 patcher.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
check this thread out in the developer's corner.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo Glo
I have to chime in. I just checked side-by-side with my girlfriend's GLO. She's running 2.8.1, and there's no difference in footer size to mine running 2.10.

Both are sideloaded and kepubified.
Joques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #7
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
Happens in 2.8.0 too...
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote