Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-04-2013, 02:24 AM   #271
timwillhack
timwillhack began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura & Mini
yoq you are the best! Thank you so much!
timwillhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #272
linux1999
linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Aura One
It works, both on 2.10.0 and on 3.1.0. Since someone else already posted a log I won't but if another log is needed for whatever reason, just ask. Thanks!!!!!!!

Last edited by linux1999; 12-04-2013 at 03:01 PM.
linux1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2013, 05:47 AM   #273
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Hi Linux1999,

The bug with light when we use low settings is still there?
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #274
linux1999
linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.linux1999 is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Hi Linux1999,
The bug with light when we use low settings is still there?
Sorry, I didn't test it and a friend of mine "stole" my Aura for a few days, so I can't test it now.
linux1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #275
yoq
Developer
yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Yes, afaik this is a firmware bug
yoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #276
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If akorx is talking about firmware bugs, then which one? There were two "low settings". One has been fixed, the other hasn't.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #277
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Kobo released firmware 3.1.1 today. I installed it on my Kobo Aura HD. Of course, it wiped out the existing installation of the night-mode hack. I put Build 9 back on the Aura HD. Works just fine. I love this hack!
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:53 AM   #278
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Forma
I´ve installed the Patch on my Aura with FW 3.1.1, and it doesn´t work !
jamalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:58 AM   #279
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kobo touch
Try this to read the post n°269 in this thread
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #280
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

z
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalau View Post
The night-mode patch is not supported on the regular Aura. Of backlit models, it's only supported on the Glo and Aura HD.

EDITED: Oh! I see there IS now a separate version for the Aura non-HD). See message 269 in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=269

Last edited by RobertJSawyer; 12-18-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #281
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalau View Post
You have to install the hack made especially for the Aura. Download here
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #282
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thank´s for the Link , works perfect with FW 3.1.1
jamalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #283
RobertJSawyer
Guru

Working fine for me too on 3.1.1 on my regular Aura. Thank you so, so much!
Old 12-19-2013, 06:34 AM   #284
RobertJSawyer
Guru

Hi, Yoq. The night-mode patch for the Aura (non-HD) works well for inverting the screen during normal reading. But it shows a lot of odd artifacts (screen portions reverting to non-inverse, etc.) when (a) using finger dragging to select text (for highlighting) and (b) when bringing up the on-screen keyboard (as at the "Search Kobo" field on the home screen).

(No such problems exist with the Glo/Aura HD version of this hack.)

I'm very grateful for your efforts! "Night Mode" is my #1 favourite Kobo hack/enhancement!

All best wishes!

Rob
Old 12-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #285
yoq
Developer
yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoq ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Finally, i finished the integrated version for all models.
And now that I have a decent implementation for software inverting, the bug @RobertJSawyer mentioned should also be gone.

There is no need to upgrade for owners of other models than the non-HD Aura, no changes here.

REMOVED: build10 causes a bootloop! Do not install!
If you need a version for the Aura, use this testbuild. Known Bug: Flickering on fast changes

Last edited by yoq; 12-20-2013 at 11:31 AM.
yoq is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch