Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #1
dotdavid
dotdavid began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Post Rooted Nook + FBReader custom fonts

Hi all,

I rooted my Nook Simple Touch so I could read books from B&N and Amazon on the same device, and it has generally worked really well.

I prefer FBReader to the default Nook reader software so installed that on the Nook, however I prefer the default Nook reader software's fonts. So I copied all the fonts in system/fonts to sdcard/Fonts so FBReader could pick them up.

However this didn't work - only the same four Droid fonts are available in the Settings -> Text -> Font family menu in FBReader.

Does this functionality not work on the Nook? I am using the 1.8.1 version from Google Play. If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated :-)

Last edited by dotdavid; 05-14-2013 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Set title category
dotdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:31 AM   #2
elomire678
elomire678 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elomire678 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elomire678 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elomire678 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elomire678 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elomire678 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elomire678 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elomire678 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elomire678 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elomire678 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elomire678 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2, iPad Pro 12.9"
Get Fontchanger Lite and change Droid Serif or Droid Sans to the Nook font that you want to use. For some reason FBReader doesn't recognize fonts very well on the Nook. The added bonus to doing it this way though is that other apps will use the nicer fonts too.
elomire678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #3
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
I have a question - how did you get FBReader installed? I keep getting package errors when I try to install, even though RootBrowser installed just fine.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #4
elomire678
elomire678 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elomire678 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elomire678 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elomire678 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elomire678 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elomire678 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elomire678 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elomire678 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elomire678 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elomire678 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elomire678 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma, Kobo Libra 2, iPad Pro 12.9"
Package errors? How are you trying to install it? Are you sure you're installing the correct apk for FBReader? If you're downloading it make sure to download the one for Android 2.x.

I just installed it from the Google Play Store from my computer's web browser.
elomire678 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nook fbreader fonts