Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #76
nobylspoon
Zealot
nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Asus Transformer, WIFI Xoom, EVO LTE, 3G Paperwhite 10/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey57 View Post
I just noticed my account was debited today for the PW I ordered. Delivery date is still 10/17, but I am hoping that will update.
Do you have a serial number associated with the PW on your account yet?
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #77
jswinden
Nameless Being

Usually when they charge your CC they soon thereafter update the shipping status to "Shipping Soon." They may have just made a mistake, but something to watch none the less.
Advert
Old 09-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #78
Casey57
Connoisseur
Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3/Kindle Fire/Kindle Touch/iPhone/iPod/iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobylspoon View Post
Do you have a serial number associated with the PW on your account yet?

I do not see one yet. I will continue to monitor.
Casey57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #79
erasure25
Connoisseur
erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950; PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by EltaninPub View Post
I'm not sure about California, but in Vermont, on state taxes, you have the option of either keeping track of all your online purchases and paying the right tax, or paying a flat fee based on your income. For anyone who does even a moderate amount of online shopping, the flat fee fee is less than what you'd pay if you kept track of everything, so most people do that. So, one additional retailer actually charging sales tax will cost you more.

So, for instance, I would be likely to say something like, "bummer! I'm being charged tax!" for an online purchase that charges it. It doesn't mean I'm trying to or intend to break the law.
Agreed. I never claimed I wasn't going to pay my taxes. I hate it when words I never said find their way into and out of my mouth. It's simply a point I was making to those who do change their shipping in order to somehow bump it up the queue to be aware that they might need to pay it now as opposed to later.
erasure25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #80
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
They haven't charged me no serial number, no update whatsoever. Maybe CA residents get preferrential treatment this time around to ease the pain of the newly instituted sales tax....
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #81
Casey57
Connoisseur
Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3/Kindle Fire/Kindle Touch/iPhone/iPod/iPad
My apologies --- I did not read the debit information correctly; it was Apple that debited the account, not Amazon. The total amount is around the same. I also ordered the new iPhone, but did not expect delivery until 10/5. So, good news about the phone, but my Kindle order is status quo.
Casey57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:41 PM   #82
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey57 View Post
So, good news about the phone, but my Kindle order is status quo.
My iPhone was just shipped today. Coming from ZhengZhou China. Should be here on Friday.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #83
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
My iPhone was just shipped today. Coming from ZhengZhou China. Should be here on Friday.
Unless the the shipping company uses the new maps program in iOS 6, then it might wind up on Mars!
Old 09-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #84
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Unless the the shipping company uses the new maps program in iOS 6, then it might wind up on Mars!
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:09 AM   #85
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
And what does this have to do with the title of the thread?
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:26 AM   #86
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
It's just some fun while we wait for the paperwhite to arrive. And it keeps this thread up near the top.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #87
David58117
Groupie
David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, K4NT (To Wife), Nook ST, NSTG
One more week for some of us!
David58117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #88
SubElement
Connoisseur
SubElement began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle International
Oct 16th for PW 3G w/o SO. Oct 10th for Black Cover. Not sure how long after the page was up, but it was the same day. D:
SubElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:20 PM   #89
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
I'm a California resident who pre-ordered the KPW before the sales tax change started. Since it's not shipping until after the sales tax charge, will they charge me sales tax? The invoice right now does not have sales tax.
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #90
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
I'm a California resident who pre-ordered the KPW before the sales tax change started. Since it's not shipping until after the sales tax charge, will they charge me sales tax? The invoice right now does not have sales tax.
The deal was done before the tax, so it should not be taxed. I would think your order would be "grandfathered" because of that.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote