Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-25-2012, 01:00 PM   #76
krm0789
Enthusiast
krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Thanks for the link. I posted another question but it may be an issue with my library. The delete button is nowhere to be found, so again, here's my placeholder thank you

Last edited by krm0789; 02-25-2012 at 01:14 PM.
krm0789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #77
krm0789
Enthusiast
krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krm0789 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Er, sorry to be a pain, but still no luck. My adobe ID is associated with my email address, as is my library card (Google suggested that may be the issue). I entered the Adobe ID into Aldiko & got a message about my device being successfully registered.

I tried this three ways: First I went to the .acsm file in File Expert, I long click, choose open with Aldiko, get a status bar about it importing into Aldiko, and then an "Error: Import failed" message. No other explanation.

Then per the wiki, I downloaded Adobe Digital Editions (registered to same email) to get the ePub version of the library book. Sent that to my fire. Took the same steps a above, and get the same error message.

If I look through my library through Aldiko, I can *see* the ePub file now. Clicking it gives me the option to open (error mesage "error: could not load file") or Import to Aldiko (error message "could not load file").

Any ideas?

ETA: It works with Bluefire. So at least I can read it now. But if anyone has any insight I'd still appreciate it, I'd love to know what the heck I did wrong.

Last edited by krm0789; 02-25-2012 at 03:27 PM.
krm0789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #78
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by krm0789 View Post
Er, sorry to be a pain, but still no luck. My adobe ID is associated with my email address, as is my library card (Google suggested that may be the issue). I entered the Adobe ID into Aldiko & got a message about my device being successfully registered.

I tried this three ways: First I went to the .acsm file in File Expert, I long click, choose open with Aldiko, get a status bar about it importing into Aldiko, and then an "Error: Import failed" message. No other explanation.

Then per the wiki, I downloaded Adobe Digital Editions (registered to same email) to get the ePub version of the library book. Sent that to my fire. Took the same steps a above, and get the same error message.

If I look through my library through Aldiko, I can *see* the ePub file now. Clicking it gives me the option to open (error mesage "error: could not load file") or Import to Aldiko (error message "could not load file").

Any ideas?

ETA: It works with Bluefire. So at least I can read it now. But if anyone has any insight I'd still appreciate it, I'd love to know what the heck I did wrong.
At this point I say download Overdrive Media Console. It's reader is pretty nice. It will download epub directly. I use it now instead of Aldiko for library books.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #79
shadowwolf36
Enthusiast
shadowwolf36 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Digital
I am feeling like a bumbling idiot at this point but need help...I sideloaded Mantano and got that on my KF...I also have a bunch of DRM'd EPUBs in my Amazon Cloud...Is there a way to get those books to open on the Mantano? Or should I USB load these books onto my fire?
shadowwolf36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:28 AM   #80
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Someone with direct knowledge will reply, I'm sure, but I've heard Amazon's Cloud integration with the Fire is sorely lacking. Odd. I'm not even sure there is a way to manually configure WebDAV access to Amazon's Cloud. You can easily access other cloud services, like dropbox and box, so until Amazon tightens things up, you may want to move your epubs to one of those.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #81
shadowwolf36
Enthusiast
shadowwolf36 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Digital
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Someone with direct knowledge will reply, I'm sure, but I've heard Amazon's Cloud integration with the Fire is sorely lacking. Odd. I'm not even sure there is a way to manually configure WebDAV access to Amazon's Cloud. You can easily access other cloud services, like dropbox and box, so until Amazon tightens things up, you may want to move your epubs to one of those.
Thank you so much...dropbox works perfectly I am ONE happy camper now!!
shadowwolf36 is offline   Reply With Quote