Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-14-2011, 11:21 PM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Free Book (Kindle/Nook) - Nine-Tenths of the Law

Nine-Tenths of the Law, by L. A. Witt, is free for UK and DE Kindle customers (UK link/DE link)

Book Description
Without trust, common ground can get pretty shaky…

“I believe you have something of mine, Zach.”

Zach Owens doesn’t even know who this angry stranger is, let alone what the man is talking about—until he learns what they have in common. Their boyfriend, Jake. Once Jake’s out of the picture, Zach’s apology to Nathan Forrester leads to a long conversation, a kiss, and a chemistry that goes far beyond revenge sex.

Nathan can’t help but fall for the sexy movie theater owner, but it’s a long way from sheet-tearing sex to mutual trust. And a series of “coincidences” that throws Zach into Jake’s company leaves him unconvinced Zach was the complete innocent in their previous love triangle.

Zach can’t seem to make Nathan believe that Jake is up to something. But protesting his innocence isn’t working, and Jake’s carefully orchestrated campaign to destroy their love could leave them both with nothing…

Warning: Contains explicit male/male revenge sex, sweet sex, angry sex, and make-up sex. Author is not responsible for clothing damage that may result from reading this book.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free in the US.
Advert
Old 10-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Now also free @ B&N, and probably DRM-free as well, considering this is a Samhain book.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Thanks!
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:06 AM   #5
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Grrr. This looks like a good one. Sony or AllRomance need to follow suit and make this free as well... I'm all in favor of cheating bastards suffering for what they did.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2011, 12:34 AM   #6
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Samhain stuff never goes free at Sony or ARE unless there's a very special promo. But they're almost always DRM-free via B&N, so try getting the B&N version and loading it onto your Sony.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:39 AM   #7
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Samhain stuff never goes free at Sony or ARE unless there's a very special promo. But they're almost always DRM-free via B&N, so try getting the B&N version and loading it onto your Sony.
I have other Samhain titles that have been free from Sony, but you're right, they're rare. But I have so many ebook store accounts all over the internet, I really don't want to get yet another one just for one book, if I can avoid it.

Anyone know how Samhain compensate their writers and if they treat them fairly? If they do, I might just pay for this book, if it's good enough to read more than once.

EDIT:
Also, Sony uses the wrong version of Adobe DRM-whatever, so it hates Nook books. I don't remember the details, but there was a lot of talk in the Sony forum about it a while back.

Last edited by ScalyFreak; 10-18-2011 at 12:42 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:47 AM   #8
ATDrake
Wizzard

Samhain also sells directly from their website (and they give 30% off new release books) in what looks like DRM-free MultiFormat. They seem to be reasonably fair to their authors, though I'm not really in a position to know.

But I'm surprised that your Sony won't take the Samhain books, because they're sold as plain non-DRM ePubs over at B&N (at least, all the Samhain freebies I've ever gotten there have opened in just about any random ePub reader, Lucidor & that other Firefox ePub extension included without having to strip), rather than B&N-DRM ePub/PDBs.

ETA: Quickie check of my copy downloaded directly from the B&N website and dragged over to Lucidor works fine and opens with all text readable. Lucidor normally gives a snarky error message when it encounters DRM of any type.

Last edited by ATDrake; 10-18-2011 at 12:57 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:56 AM   #9
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
But I'm surprised that your Sony won't take the Samhain books, because they're sold as plain non-DRM ePubs over at B&N (at least, all the Samhain freebies I've ever gotten there have opened in just about any random ePub reader, Lucidor & that other Firefox ePub extension included without having to strip), rather than B&N-DRM ePub/PDBs.
Like I said, I don't remember the details, so I could be wrong. But when I went to B&N to grab this book to see if I was right or wrong, they refuse to let me download it unless I give them a credit card. For a free book.

*** that. I'm not giving my credit card info to someone for nothing. Back to waiting...
Old 10-18-2011, 01:07 AM   #10
ATDrake
Wizzard

That's certainly understandable (though personally, I'd take B&N's flexible DRM scheme over ADE or Amazon's any day).

At least they're not an Agency publisher and you could use Kobo coupons (or the rare Sony ones) on their books. (And you can get 30% off a pre-order of one of this author's books in another series The Closer You Get if you buy directly from Samhain's site, which might increase the chance of higher royalty payout.)
Old 10-18-2011, 01:47 AM   #11
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
That's certainly understandable (though personally, I'd take B&N's flexible DRM scheme over ADE or Amazon's any day).
I'll take nearly anything over Amazon's DRM, since I don't have a Kindle.

I'll give it a few more days before giving up on this.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:53 AM   #12
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post

I'll give it a few more days before giving up on this.
Try emailing the publisher. They have it free elsewhere, they might take pity and tell you how to get a copy for your reader....
Old 10-18-2011, 11:41 AM   #13
ATDrake
Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Your profile blurb says you've got an Android device. Maybe try getting it via the Kindle for Android app?

It won't be as convenient as reading it directly on your Sony, but at least you'll be able to decide if it's a book worth buying to re-read more comfortably.

And Amazon only asks you for address info, I think, as long as you're not picking up pre-orders.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #14
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
Your profile blurb says you've got an Android device. Maybe try getting it via the Kindle for Android app?
I actually did, but since I loathe reading on the screen of my phone (back-lit + small = eye strain) I sent the book to the Kindle app on the Touchpad instead. Still back-lit, but at least a bigger screen and I can mess with more font sizes. I still prefer to read on the 950, but this way I can get a full pre-view of the book and find out if it's worth paying for.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #15
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Try emailing the publisher. They have it free elsewhere, they might take pity and tell you how to get a copy for your reader....
Quick follow-up: I actually did email them, and recieved a reply this morning. Samhain Publishing have no plans to make this book free from any other outlet. This is apparently unique to B&N and Amazon, and entirely on them.

Grrrr.

Since I liked the first part of the book and really liked Samhain's answers to my questions about their DRM system ("We don't have one. Why would we do that to our customers?"), I'll probably finish reading it on the Touchpad, and if I like it enough to want to keep the book I'll just buy straight from the publisher.