Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-30-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
kjturner71
kjturner71 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Sync issues with Kobo Desktop app

I currently have two books on the go on my Kobo. When I do a sync using the Kobo Desktop App, the library does not accurately reflect which books I currently have bookmarks in. That is to say, in the the Desktop app, there are a number of books that have the bookmark icons on them, including book I finished ages ago, as if to indicate that I have all those books still opened w/ bookmarks therein.

The Kobo app on my iPhone does not have this problem. It only shows the bookmark icon on the books I am actively reading.

Any suggestions on how to get the Desktop app to sync properly?
kjturner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
Any suggestions on how to get the Desktop app to sync properly?
You'll have to wait until they fix it, because that's the way it acts I'm afraid. The bookmarks on the desktop app are bogus.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Could this have anything to do with why I lost the Kobo books off my Cruz Reader? They now say "Waiting to download". These were originally downloaded directly from the web, not the desktop.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:55 PM   #4
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
Could this have anything to do with why I lost the Kobo books off my Cruz Reader? They now say "Waiting to download". These were originally downloaded directly from the web, not the desktop.
No, the only real problem with the desktop app is the bookmarks are meaningless. Otherwise it's fine.

ltr
Old 05-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #5
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Too bad. I still can't get the books to redownload onto the device.
Advert
Old 05-30-2011, 08:48 PM   #6
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
What if you delete and reinstall the app? I've had to do that with my iPhone
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:25 PM   #7
benham
Guru

It came bundled with it but I should be able to. Thanks for the idea!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #8
shall1028
Nameless Being

In my version of the Kobo Destop Application (ver 1.9 Mar 30 2011) the bookmarks accurately reflect the state of the books on my Kobo. If I read something on screen then re-sync the Kobo open precisely at that place and vice-versa.

So it would seem that the desktop app's bookmarks (at ver 1.9 Mar 30 2011) are neither "bogus" nor "meaningless" in all cases only some particular cases. Now we can think about providing suggestions to "benham" to diagnose his/her original problem.

So, benham, what is the version of the desktop app you use and are you on Windows or Mac operating system? On my mac the version can be found by clicking an "i" in the upper right corner.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:09 PM   #9
ltr
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shall1028
In my version of the Kobo Destop Application (ver 1.9 Mar 30 2011) the bookmarks accurately reflect the state of the books on my Kobo. If I read something on screen then re-sync the Kobo open precisely at that place and vice-versa.
Yeah, bookmarking works fine, but the 'finished" status is the main problem. Books on the eReader showing status of "finished" will not reflect properly onto the desktop software. Kobo programmers are well aware of this outstanding issue and they're working on it.

Right now if you sync a finished book, it resets the bookmark back to the beginning. Syncing another device won't show that its finished until they add backend support to sync that status.

ltr
Old 06-02-2011, 05:01 PM   #10
benham
Guru

shall, I have not yet been able to sync the reader (Cruz R101) w/ the desktop. I have the same version Kobo on the desktop as you. All the books show up fine. The problem with syncing is that the app selection you are told to click on, on the reader does not show up. Still working on it. Trying to get a Kobo app on the reader to download directly. While it uses the Adroid 2.0 OS Android Market is not available. Go figure.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:41 PM   #11
benham
Guru

Well this is neat. I was able to download the Amazon App Store and then download the Kobo app to the device from that.

Tags
kobo, sync