Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-23-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
jadine37
jadine37 began at the beginning.

Device: nook color, ipad
borders app

hi i was wondering. now that my nc is rooted, can i also use the borders app for books as well?
jadine37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I haven't installed it. Get it from the Market and see if it works on the NOOKcolor. Some apps don't work.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Borders and Kobo both don't work.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:10 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Strange that only the Kindle app works. I'm not complaining.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #5
LeviTX
LeviTX doesn't litterLeviTX doesn't litter

Device: Kobo WiFi, Nook, Nook Color
The Sony app works as well with some tweaking to the AndroidManifest.xml file.

From what I can see, the Kobo and Borders (rebranded Kobo) app need Activities available from a "normal" android build which are unavailable from the BN launcher.

Last edited by LeviTX; 01-27-2011 at 04:31 PM. Reason: pics and typos
LeviTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2011, 04:09 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviTX View Post
The sony app works as well with some tweaking to the AndroidManifest.xml file.

Did you do the tweaking yourself? If so, did you use APK Manager?
Old 01-27-2011, 04:36 PM   #7
LeviTX
LeviTX doesn't litterLeviTX doesn't litter

Device: Kobo WiFi, Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Did you do the tweaking yourself? If so, did you use APK Manager?
Yes, and yes. You extract the APK, edit the AndroidManifest.xml, change MinSDKVersion to 7 (aka 2.1), rebuild the APK, sign it, and go to town.

I haven't run into any "features" missing or non-functional from not running on 2.2 but I haven't really tried anything besides downloading the free Reader books I had on my account so far.
LeviTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviTX View Post
Yes, and yes. You extract the APK, edit the AndroidManifest.xml, change MinSDKVersion to 7 (aka 2.1), rebuild the APK, sign it, and go to town.

I haven't run into any "features" missing or non-functional from not running on 2.2 but I haven't really tried anything besides downloading the free Reader books I had on my account so far.
Thanks for sharing. I need to tweak that file for another app (was hoping the developer would do it). Guess I'll make the time to take care of both.