Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #16
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
From the Simpsons I believe - was it the Stonecutters?

Can I have my 2 points?

And we have a winner!! Here's yer 2 points:

Alabama Driver License Point System

Points are assessed for various violations as follows(Effective May 1, 2009):
  • Any conviction which resulted from a charge that involved the drinking of alcoholic beverages and the driving of a motor vehicle but did not require mandatory revocation of the driver license - 6 points
  • reckless driving or reckless endangerment involving operating a motor vehicle - 6 points
  • failure to yield right-of-way - 5 points
  • passing stopped school bus - 5 points
  • wrong side of road/illegal passing - 4 points
  • following too closely - 3 points
  • disregarding traffic control device (stop sign, traffic light, etc.) - 3 points
  • all other moving violations - 2 points
  • inability to control vehicle - 2 points
  • improper lane - 2 points
  • speeding (1 to 25 mph over speed limit) - 2 points
  • speeding (26 or more mph over speed limit) - 5 points
  • drinking alcohol while operating a vehicle - 2 points
  • admin per se - 6 points
  • improper operation of motorcycle - 2 points
  • fail to obey construction/maintenance zone markers/flagman/police officer/restricted lane - 3 points
  • emergency vehicles - 2 points
  • fail to signal/use incorrect turn signal - 2 points
  • making improper turn - 2 points
  • coasting - 2 points
  • unsafe operation - 2 points
The following schedule is used to determine the length of a suspension period
  • 12-14 points in a 2-year period ­ 60 days
  • 15-17 points in a 2-year period ­ 90 days
  • 18-20 points in a 2-year period ­ 120 days
  • 21-23 points in a 2-year period ­ 180 days
  • 24 and above points in a 2-year period ­ 365 days
After a traffic conviction is 2 years old, it loses its point count for suspension purposes but remains on a driver's record.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:47 PM   #17
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Free Pearl at Adrian's bar for newcomers... Red
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:50 PM   #18
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
And we have a winner!! Here's yer 2 points:

Alabama Driver License Point System

Points are assessed for various violations as follows(Effective May 1, 2009):
  • Any conviction which resulted from a charge that involved the drinking of alcoholic beverages and the driving of a motor vehicle but did not require mandatory revocation of the driver license - 6 points
  • reckless driving or reckless endangerment involving operating a motor vehicle - 6 points
  • failure to yield right-of-way - 5 points
  • passing stopped school bus - 5 points
  • wrong side of road/illegal passing - 4 points
  • following too closely - 3 points
  • disregarding traffic control device (stop sign, traffic light, etc.) - 3 points
  • all other moving violations - 2 points
  • inability to control vehicle - 2 points
  • improper lane - 2 points
  • speeding (1 to 25 mph over speed limit) - 2 points
  • speeding (26 or more mph over speed limit) - 5 points
  • drinking alcohol while operating a vehicle - 2 points
  • admin per se - 6 points
  • improper operation of motorcycle - 2 points
  • fail to obey construction/maintenance zone markers/flagman/police officer/restricted lane - 3 points
  • emergency vehicles - 2 points
  • fail to signal/use incorrect turn signal - 2 points
  • making improper turn - 2 points
  • coasting - 2 points
  • unsafe operation - 2 points
The following schedule is used to determine the length of a suspension period
  • 12-14 points in a 2-year period * 60 days
  • 15-17 points in a 2-year period * 90 days
  • 18-20 points in a 2-year period * 120 days
  • 21-23 points in a 2-year period * 180 days
  • 24 and above points in a 2-year period * 365 days
After a traffic conviction is 2 years old, it loses its point count for suspension purposes but remains on a driver's record.
Thankyou!

I think I might go for a bit of coasting for 2 points - although I'm tempted to save them up to try to get 6 points so I can have a go at some reckless driving
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:56 PM   #19
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
Now, as I was saying . . . desertgrandma started out here being the resident poll-meister (with a stick). But once she mastered being "Mistriss of the Poll" and then got her ABBA tattoo, she's morphed into Mobileread's diplomatic ambassador, curator and guide to all things informative and linky; MR's living and breathing table of contents, index, bibliography, instruction manual and name dropper, not to mention one of the regular passengers of the welcome paddywagon.

Major kudos and karma to you dgma.

Can we fit all that on a new name tag?
And on my days off, I stump for world peace, elimination of poverty, and a perky butt for every woman over 50.

Wait.

"name dropper"?

Quote:
Lies, all lies!

It is a closed click, and nobody's opinion counts except mine and the chosen few. The best part of MobileRead is in the secret forum, which requires a special password to access it. It is a tight circle of annointed ones known as the Build-A-Burger Group. Membership is by invitation only, and be prepared to have your credit checked prior to invitation.
The word is "Clique" As in:

Main Entry: clique
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: group of friends
Synonyms:
Mafia, bunch, cabal, camarilla, camp, circle, clan, club, coterie, crew, crowd, crush, faction, gang, in-group, insiders, lobby, mob, organization, outfit, pack, posse, ring, set, society (which also describes us)

New people, you have just met the "snacker of nations". Ctluthu (or however you want to spell it), whom I think is a myth.

Wait.

Whats that noise?

Aw cr....................

Last edited by desertgrandma; 02-10-2010 at 04:01 PM.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #20
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
You meant "happy" family in reference to me right?
Absolutely. Except when ever I see your handle I giggle.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #21
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
PNew people, you have just met the "snacker of nations". Ctluthu (or however you want to spell it), whom I think is a myth.
PNew people, don't forget your psocks.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #22
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Pshaw
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:01 PM   #23
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Pshaw
Stop that!

See what I mean? Make one little error........and they're all over you like white on rice.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:01 PM   #24
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
You forgot the blue one next to the fish.

But seriously, ditto on everything DGma said. I joined a tad over a year ago, got welcomed and assimilated instantly. MR is a great place to hang out.
Resistance is futile...

Actually, I think DGma (DesertGrandma) meant 'microcosm' but being a microorganism is sort of funky too.

As you go along with being a part of MobileRead, you will soon be a part that no one remembers not having around. I joined in April of 08 and now I'm a moderator. Which just goes to show that even Alex can have an off day...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:04 PM   #25
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Resistance is futile...

Actually, I think DGma (DesertGrandma) meant 'microcosm' but being a microorganism is sort of funky too.

As you go along with being a part of MobileRead, you will soon be a part that no one remembers not having around. I joined in April of 08 and now I'm a moderator. Which just goes to show that even Alex can have an off day...
'snort.

Actually, this may have backfired. I"m not seeing any new people here.....

New people........you do realize if I don't get my quota of new posts from you.........well.....its too awful to mention what they do to me.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:07 PM   #26
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
'snort.

Actually, this may have backfired. I"m not seeing any new people here.....

New people........you do realize if I don't get my quota of new posts from you.........well.....its too awful to mention what they do to me.
You've managed to create a clique within a post to welcome new members to our family.

Maybe we scared them away?? Are we too happy? Or too weird?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:14 PM   #27
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Every now and then I remember that there are hundreds of lurkers at any time, and I think to myself, "You spoke and removed all doubt..."
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #28
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Every now and then I remember that there are hundreds of lurkers at any time, and I think to myself, "You spoke and removed all doubt..."
no, DG. Your posts are always welcome and a breath of fresh air.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #29
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I've put this thread as a sticky.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:57 PM   #30
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Thhhhggggpppppppp!!!!!!!!...
Quote:
Was that a 'rasperry' you're giving me there?...
You mean we don't have a smilie for raspberry??
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote