Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 10-20-2009, 12:08 PM   #1
Ebiumn
Connoisseur
Ebiumn doesn't litterEbiumn doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Kindle Voyage
Bebook 2 release info

I have just recieved a reply from Endless Ideas sales team about Bebook 2 release details

Quote:
Dear Darren,

First of all, thank you for your interest in the BeBook!

Our BeBook Two model will not be launched any time soon. We are currently changing the specs for a better reading experience and we are not expecting to launch it within this year. Our engineers are hard working on a perfect model, but it, unfortunately, takes more time than expected.

We apologize for the massive delay!

When it will be launched, it will be available at many shops in the UK. We will list it on our website.

And, the unit will be completely different. We are now working on the flaking cases and a new website with a clean forum to help our customers better.

If you are able to wait, the BeBook Two will be a great device..

Best regards,
BeBook Sales Team
I have looked at Sony PRS 600 & 300 again and would like to know if anyone has one of these and a Bebook mini to compare and post info

Thx

Darren
Ebiumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:18 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebiumn View Post
I have just recieved a reply from Endless Ideas sales team about Bebook 2 release details

I have looked at Sony PRS 600 & 300 again and would like to know if anyone has one of these and a Bebook mini to compare and post info

Thx

Darren
You can look at the comparison chart on our wiki page. The mini is the same as a Hanlin V5.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:59 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I think I'll have to move on to greener pastures, it seems. I really want a touch screen device, and if I read that mail correctly, it looks like it'll take at least half a year before they'll release.

Not a smart move, I'd say.

I do love my mini though.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:04 AM   #4
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
Bad news, I may have a project for 1,000 devices in Dec. I may go with ONYX boox 60 instead.
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:45 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Yes, I'm contemplating that one as well, instead of the BeBook 2.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:28 AM   #6
wss
wss began at the beginning.

Device: none
have you guys had a look at upcoming Pocketbook 302?
seems as though it has similar-to-better specs and backed by a respected Eastern European company.

Wifi/gprs
finger or stylus touchscreen
16,000 page turns per charge.
estimated $400us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwg1TCsE0g8

Last edited by wss; 10-21-2009 at 05:39 AM.
wss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:51 AM   #7
Ebiumn
Connoisseur

I have read the specs of the 300, 600 and the V5, I have also seen the 300 & 600. What I was more interested in was a direct comparision from someone who has used/owned these, as opposed to speculation. so screen comparison, ease of use, sturdyness, viewing ability in RTF PDF etc, etc
Old 10-21-2009, 09:53 AM   #8
Ebiumn
Connoisseur

Just checked out info on the pocketbook, my first response is very good. now im interested in an actual comparison between the Sony 300, 600 Hanlin V5/Bebook mini and pocketbook 301/302/360. I know its a tall order, probably lots would like this.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:10 AM   #9
keng2000
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Check this
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_Reader_Matrix
Old 10-21-2009, 11:50 AM   #10
Ebiumn
Connoisseur

many thanks keng. Matrix is good for comparing specs, I was also interested in a comparision based on a member who owns or has tested each unit, not just a list of features
Old 10-22-2009, 12:18 AM   #11
keng2000

Agree, Let's set up the standard items what the most users would like to compare. Then people can more specific on testing.