Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-16-2008, 08:34 AM   #16
Eagleeye
Fanatic
Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: BeBook, Pocketbook 360°; Kindle 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Did you look here?

(Click on FREE BEBOOK SOFTWARE UPDATE beneath the NEWS header on the right hand column.)
______
Dennis
Sorry, but I don't get any informations outside the index page on mybebook.com - only empty pages (aside from the links to ... oh ... _more_ empty pages). I tried it with many browsers (Opera 9.52; Firefox 3, IE 6, IE 7) and on different computers - there are no infos visible on this page outside the indexpage. Oh. I forget: the links to "buy", "register" and "login" works fine - but I don't want to buy (I have one); I don't want to register (I am registered) and if I log in - I don't get access to any other pages than before ... and logged in or not - the pages are as empty as before ...

I find no link to downloadable firmware, too - far less the firmware in question itself ... and your link doesn't work for me
Eagleeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:39 AM   #17
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleeye View Post
Sorry, but I don't get any informations outside the index page on mybebook.com - only empty pages (aside from the links to ... oh ... _more_ empty pages). I tried it with many browsers (Opera 9.52; Firefox 3, IE 6, IE 7) and on different computers - there are no infos visible on this page outside the indexpage. Oh. I forget: the links to "buy", "register" and "login" works fine - but I don't want to buy (I have one); I don't want to register (I am registered) and if I log in - I don't get access to any other pages than before ... and logged in or not - the pages are as empty as before ...

I find no link to downloadable firmware, too - far less the firmware in question itself ... and your link doesn't work for me
Doesnt matter, it seems like the software upgrade has not been made public yet, and as stated in another thread, deliveries of newly ordered BeBooks has been delayed with up to 2 weeks to install Mobi support....
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:23 PM   #18
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagleeye View Post

Works for me. I get to a page where the firmware can be downloaded.

See if this direct link works:
Quote:
1b) Download the update here: http://www.mybebook.com/update/update.zip Once the download has finished unzip the file and use the extracted file (V3update.bin) to perform the update.

2. Copy the file into the root of an SD card. (The storage capacity of the SD card should not exceed 1GB, the SD card should be FAT16 formatted)

3. Insert the SD card into the BeBook ereader.

4. Press and hold the V+ button (Volume up button, which is on the top of the right side of the
device),switch on the device.

5. The update interface appears and press OK to begin the update. And wait until it is finished.

6. Reset the BeBook.

Enjoy!
It should get you a 55MB file.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:22 AM   #19
Eagleeye
Fanatic
Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: BeBook, Pocketbook 360°; Kindle 3G
Thank you. I just flashed my BeBook - but this file doesn't contain mobipocket support. It is only Version 1.27, which is able to display *.lit - but not *.prc or *.mobi - I checked it out.

Last edited by Eagleeye; 09-17-2008 at 01:58 AM.
Eagleeye is offline   Reply With Quote