Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 01-17-2013, 07:19 AM   #1
felipekosta
felipekosta began at the beginning.

Device: LG
Cover Browser Reflection

Hi,

Is there any way disable the bottom reflection thing on the cover browser?
I would be even more grateful for an option like this.
I'm a programmer (C, C + +) and offer to help or even make the change, just need some instructions.

Thanks for sharing this amazing program!
felipekosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No such option, you are welcome to add it if you like, the relevant code is in pictureflow.* and preferences/look_feel.py
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:00 AM   #3
felipekosta

Hello Kovid, thanks for the quick response!

Could you pass instructions to compile programs in C++ for Calibre? Already changed Python programs but do not know how to change the programs in C. I need generate a DLL?

Thank you!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm afraid building C extensions in calibre is extremely complex unless you are on linux. In linux (after installing all the dependencies) you just do

python setup.py build

On other platforms there's no easy way to do it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:46 AM   #5
felipekosta

Hello Kovid,

Thanks for the new feature (disable reflection of the book cover).
However, when what I had in mind was that disabling the reflection of the cover, the title also was no longer displayed and increase the space for cover display.
I leave here the record of desire that in future versions this customization is possible.

Thank you!

Felipe
Old 02-10-2013, 10:19 PM   #6
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by felipekosta View Post
Hello Kovid,

Thanks for the new feature (disable reflection of the book cover).
However, when what I had in mind was that disabling the reflection of the cover, the title also was no longer displayed and increase the space for cover display.
I leave here the record of desire that in future versions this customization is possible.

Thank you!

Felipe
+1. I, too, would like to see an option to turn the title off.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #7
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I would like to keep the title displayed, but stop the ratings stars from being displayed. It would seem if you have the ratings column unchecked that it should prevent the ratings stars from appearing in the cover browser also, but it doesn't.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote