Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 07-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #1
wingmongyee
Enthusiast
wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
The Guardian/The observer broken recipe ?

I download The Guardian/The Observer once a week on Saturdays on my
Sony PRS-950. The last two downloads, there is no working table of
content anymore. When I go to the TABLE OF CONTENTS, all I get is the
front page and no other section shows up. I can go to the front page
but then I don't have buttons for previous or next article. I download
a few other papers like the New York Times and the Australian and
their table of contents shows all sections and I get the previous and
next article buttons. Looks like the Guardian/The Observer recipe is
broken. The problem occured with version 0.8.7 and possibly the
version before also. Today was the second Saturday the problem
occured.
Anyone has the same problem? Is there a solution?
wingmongyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingmongyee View Post
Anyone has the same problem? Is there a solution?
I see you posted a bug report and were sent here, so I thought I'd at least answer. The problem is almost certainly that the site has changed since the recipe was written. You'll have to contact the recipe author, wait for him to see this thread, or fix it yourself if you are interested enough.

See the links in the sticky for info on recipe repair and writing.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
I get it daily and haven't had a problem.
Try removing it and adding it again.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
I get it daily and haven't had a problem.
Try removing it and adding it again.
If it's a builtin, Calibre always retrieves the most current recipe before using it. Removing and adding it again should have no effect, unless it's been customized. Perhaps he's in a country that is being restricted in some way from accessing the content? I'd look at the content of the feed through a browser and see what he gets that way.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:42 AM   #5
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
Possibly, but I too get the occasional days when they don't work for whatever reason, yet the rss pages still do that the recipe calls for. It then sorts itself out after a day or so.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:49 AM   #6
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthwaite View Post
Possibly, but I too get the occasional days when they don't work for whatever reason, yet the rss pages still do that the recipe calls for. It then sorts itself out after a day or so.
Hmmm. I watch recipes pretty closely, and when a recipe doesn't work, it's because the site has changed, the connection to the web is bad or the recipe was written incorrectly. I'd look at your web connection/ISP if you are getting intermittent failures.

It does nothing to "remove" a built in recipe, other than merely deschedule it. Uninstalling/reinstalling Calibre or updating Calibre usually does nothing either. The recipes you get during installation/update are merely backups in case the connection to the Calibre recipe server is down and you can't get the current recipe. The only exception is if the recipe backend has changed in the code or if the recipe server is down and Calibre has to rely on the backup recipes stored locally.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:38 PM   #7
wingmongyee
Enthusiast
wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.wingmongyee is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Third Saturday. I updated Calibre to the new version this morning before downloading The Guardian and it's back to normal. The table of content includes all sections and articles. I don't think the problem was with my internet connection because only The Guardian was affected. Strange. Anyway, I'm glad it's fixed. Thanks for all the comments.
wingmongyee is offline   Reply With Quote