Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-07-2008, 09:52 PM   #1
benong
Enthusiast
benong began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-950
Unhappy inline images - html2lrf Converter in libprs500

I am practicing conversion of html documents to lrf format and encounter the following problem:-

If I use the command line converter (html2lrf), the images appeared in the final lrf. But if I use the libprs500 (version 0.4.35), no images appeared at all. Is it because I have miss setting so parameters in libprs500?

I would appreciate help in clarify this.
benong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/wik...ersionfromHTML
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:15 AM   #3
benong
Enthusiast

Hi kovidgoyal,

Thanks for pointing the obvious that I missed!

Also, I noticed that no matter how much margin I used (either with the html2lrf OPTIONS --top-margin, or GUI libprs -> Page Setup Top Margin, the final lrf's margin has not changed as I expected. Am I missing something again??
Old 02-08-2008, 02:20 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What viewer are you using to see the generated LRF files?
Old 02-08-2008, 05:09 AM   #5
benong
Enthusiast

I use both the Sony Reader as well as the PC version of the Sony Reader. Both also do not show any effect on margin change in the libprs500.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:25 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Interesting, send me the file that shows this behavior. Both the original file and the converted LRF.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:15 PM   #7
benong
Enthusiast

Hi Kovidgoyal,

I've tested further and now narrow down the problem: If I use Look & Feel -> Show Header, than the margins that I set in Page Setup are ignore. However, if I DO NOT check on Show Header, the margins will be as set in Page Setup.

I'm using the 0.4.35 version and the test file is your htnk2lrf demo download from this site.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:07 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Well if you set a header the top margin gets fixed, but the others should still work