Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-11-2017, 12:09 AM   #376
Insomniac2
Insomniac2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Not to excuse the end-of-line key rudeness, but it is also rude not to use paragraphs. Monolithic walls of text can be very difficult to read.
Seriously, who called the Grammer police?

Sorry if I offended anyone.

I didn't realize that some people can't comprehend what they read without the benefit of paragraphs.

The window I have to type inside on my phone is very small, and I didn't realize how long and rambling it was until after I posted it.

Again, I didn't know it would the a big problem for some to figure out!

But why am I having to defend myself?

First a rude remark, and then a condescending lesson on grammer. I thought this was a thread on delivery dates, not a forum for judging people.

If it's too long for you without paragraphs then I have a suggestion... DON'T READ IT!
Insomniac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:48 AM   #377
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Let's all take a deep breath and cool off.

Thank you for your understanding.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2017, 07:58 PM   #378
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac2 View Post
Seriously, who called the Grammer police?

Sorry if I offended anyone.

I didn't realize that some people can't comprehend what they read without the benefit of paragraphs.

The window I have to type inside on my phone is very small, and I didn't realize how long and rambling it was until after I posted it.

Again, I didn't know it would the a big problem for some to figure out!

But why am I having to defend myself?

First a rude remark, and then a condescending lesson on grammer. I thought this was a thread on delivery dates, not a forum for judging people.

If it's too long for you without paragraphs then I have a suggestion... DON'T READ IT!
Some might be old crochety curmudgeons with poor eyesight

Glad you like your new Oasis, maybe the 'Preview Post' would be helpful ?
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 02:09 AM   #379
mudge42
mudge42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Oasis, Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocicat View Post
Some might be old crochety curmudgeons with poor eyesight

Glad you like your new Oasis, maybe the 'Preview Post' would be helpful ?
As an OCC with PE, I find your remark deeply offensive. Is there a safe space on this site where I can go to be comforted?
mudge42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:39 AM   #380
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudge42 View Post
As an OCC with PE, I find your remark deeply offensive. Is there a safe space on this site where I can go to be comforted?

You may wish to go to the Lounge Forum, which is known for much silliness and off-topic stuff not usually found in our regular forums. Here's the link:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-13-2017 at 04:06 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2017, 10:37 AM   #381
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudge42 View Post
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:08 PM   #382
Insomniac2
Insomniac2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Lol. Too funny!
Insomniac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:38 PM   #383
jkingrph
jkingrph began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire
I just received an email from amazon notifying me of delivery on Nov 20, updated from Nov 24.

Now about four hours after that email I looked at track package and is says shipping today Nov 15 for delivery Nov 17.

Last edited by jkingrph; 11-15-2017 at 05:27 PM.
jkingrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:24 AM   #384
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
I have ordered my 32GB cellular last night to arrive dec 8th. Also ordered charcoal cover to arrive wednesday. Location: ohio (just seen it missing on my profile)
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:40 AM   #385
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
I have ordered my 32GB cellular last night to arrive dec 8th. Also ordered charcoal cover to arrive wednesday. Location: ohio (just seen it missing on my profile)
Shipped today, supposed to arrive by tomorrow. Maybe they had cancellations enough or shipment arrived ahead of schedule?
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:33 AM   #386
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Shipped today, supposed to arrive by tomorrow. Maybe they had cancellations enough or shipment arrived ahead of schedule?
Great news. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 04:51 PM   #387
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Mine came a couple days ago, on schedule. 32g wifi. It's my Christmas gift, so I only tried it out to make sure it worked ok. Screen looks great to me too. Everything works. So I had to give it up, so it could be wrapped and hidden away. I also got my cover and it worked fine too. It's a fintie cover. So once again I have to wait. At least I have other things to read with until Christmas.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote