Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-07-2018, 01:00 AM   #1081
RayKing
RayKing began at the beginning.

Device: Hauwie P9
Rcipies plugin

Can someone make a plugin for Delish recipes. they are really great easy to prepare.

Example:
http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe...hicken-recipe/

Thank you
RayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:58 AM   #1082
SoulForMachine
SoulForMachine began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
IRC book exchange search and download

Is there a plugin for searching IRC chat rooms for book exchange (like #bookz on Undernet)? I haven't found it and I think it would be useful to be able to search, download and import books directly from Calibre. I might try to build the plugin myself. What do you guys think?
SoulForMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2018, 02:05 PM   #1083
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulForMachine View Post
Is there a plugin for searching IRC chat rooms for book exchange (like #bookz on Undernet)? I haven't found it and I think it would be useful to be able to search, download and import books directly from Calibre. I might try to build the plugin myself. What do you guys think?
Moderator Notice

MobileRead does not condone or encourage piracy, and such a plugin would be entirely unacceptable. Please do not mention the subject again.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 03:56 AM   #1084
pleiadesc
Connoisseur
pleiadesc began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello,

I would like to downsize my library, I have books with several formats epub, azw, mobi, pdf, I would like to remove all other formats except for pdf, (maybe an option to choose which format to preserve) but if there is only 1 format available then leave it. can this be program?

Thank you!
pleiadesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 04:01 AM   #1085
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleiadesc View Post
Hello,

I would like to downsize my library, I have books with several formats epub, azw, mobi, pdf, I would like to remove all other formats except for pdf, (maybe an option to choose which format to preserve) but if there is only 1 format available then leave it. can this be program?

Thank you!
I would sound a note of severe caution about retaining only PDF format in your library. PDF is a “terminal format”, which is to say you can convert other formats to PDF, but you can’t sensibly convert PDF to anything else. I’d strongly recommend that you retain an editable format such as ePub.
Advert
Old 02-17-2018, 04:06 AM   #1086
pleiadesc
Connoisseur

Thanks HarryT for the advice, I will keep an epub, one of the reason is I can't find any good reader for mobi, azw and even epub on windows, the pdf format has better support on windows that support annotations. I use pdf-xchange for pdf.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:15 AM   #1087
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

You might get some useful ideas from this thread.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:44 AM   #1088
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleiadesc View Post
Hello,

Thank you!
Not withstanding HarryT's advice, you don't need a plugin to delete one or more selected formats.

Select the relevant books (Ctrl+A for all of them) and then use the Remove books->Remove files of a specific format from selected books tool, keyboard shortcut is Alt+Del.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 04:45 AM   #1089
pleiadesc
Connoisseur

Thanks HarryT!
Old 02-17-2018, 04:46 AM   #1090
pleiadesc
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Not withstanding HarryT's advice, you don't need a plugin to delete one or more selected formats.

Select the relevant books (Ctrl+A for all of them) and then use the Remove books->Remove files of a specific format from selected books tool, keyboard shortcut is Alt+Del.

BR
Thank you BetterRed!
Old 02-17-2018, 04:54 AM   #1091
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

BR
Very true - deleting a specified format from books is easy - but the stated requirement was to remove that format only if the book also exists in a different format. I don't think there's a built-in way to do that, is there? I can't think of one, anyway .
Old 02-17-2018, 05:16 AM   #1092
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Very true - deleting a specified format from books is easy - but the stated requirement was to remove that format only if the book also exists in a different format. I don't think there's a built-in way to do that, is there? I can't think of one, anyway .
When you choose: "Remove all the formats of the selected books except..." (I don't know the exact wording, I've got the Spanish interface), the comment is: "It will never remove all the formats". I don't know if it is useful, however.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 05:31 AM   #1093
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
When you choose: "Remove all the formats of the selected books except..." (I don't know the exact wording, I've got the Spanish interface), the comment is: "It will never remove all the formats". I don't know if it is useful, however.
Oh, OK, thanks. Maybe it does do what's wanted after all, then. Useful to know!
Old 02-17-2018, 06:34 AM   #1094
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In my judgement its unlikely that anyone is going to put there hand up to write a plugin for this - unless DaltonST regards that as a challenge

So do searches such as formats:"=EPUB" and formats:"=MOBI" and formats:"=PDF" and formats:"=AZW" and delete the least preferred formats as previously described, in that case probably MOBI and AZW. Even with a dozen formats it shouldn't take long. Keep the Tag Browser open with the Formats expanded and you should see them disappearing.

Added - they are sent to the Recycle bin, so to reclaim the space you will have to empty it after you're done.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-17-2018 at 06:38 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:13 AM   #1095
mcdummy
Connoisseur
mcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the roughmcdummy is a jewel in the rough

Device: PRS-T3
Plugin for German Gutenberg Webpage

Hi,

In contrast to the "general" Gutenberg webpage, the German version does not provide E-Books for download. Instead, an E-Books is split into several webpages that can be read via a browser.

Therefore, it would be great if a calibre plugin could be created for converting the pages into an E-Book.

The basic outline of the German Gutenberg website is quite simple.

The webpages of a book are identified in the <ul class="gbnav">-tag on the first webpage of the book (cf. e.g., http://gutenberg.spiegel.de/buch/fabeln-9494/1).

The text of the book itself is contained in the <div id="gutenb">-tag on each webpage.

The corresponding style file can be downloaded from http://gutenberg.spiegel.de/gutenb/css/prosa.css, but requires that the <div id="gutenb">-tag remains in each page of the E-Book.

Alternatively, a self-created style file could be added.

So far, I've tried a modified Wiki Reader Plugin, which worked when the addresses of the pages were added manually and the style file was later added to the resulting E-Book.

Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar with the calibre interface and python to change it to automatic extraction of the pages and their download and to an automatic addition of a style file.

Regards,

McDummy
mcdummy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, chatbot, cover, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, kindle, metadata calibre title, missing, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development, scribe