Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 02:42 AM   #1
TPM
TPM began at the beginning.

Device: Laptop
Plustek OpticBook 3600 Scanner

Hi

Could any user of the above scanner advise me of the voltage and [I]amperage[I] of the power input. I have semi-reorganized my hardware and plugged in a 15V 1amp lead which seems to make the scanner malfunction. The socket on the scanner is marked 15V and I cannot find another transformer. : I would be grateful for any help.

TPM
TPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:50 AM   #2
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
In Europe it says
Input: 100-240V 1.0A Max 50-60Hz
Output: +15V 1.0A
Output power: 15W max
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:49 AM   #3
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkpadx View Post
In Europe it says
Input: 100-240V 1.0A Max 50-60Hz
Output: +15V 1.0A
Output power: 15W max
It looks like the same one for North America. My adapter is curved on one end, and the prongs are sideways (so it extends off the side of the powerbar ).
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:15 AM   #4
TPM
TPM began at the beginning.

Device: Laptop
Hi David (thinkpadx)

Thanks for the info. I thought the transformer I used may not have been the right one as there is no connection on the majority of transformers as to which piece of hardware it partners - except the voltage if it is shown on the parent machine. I have about twenty transformers kicking around and am gradually labelling them. I tracked down the problem to a faulty USB cable, now it will work.

I really appreciate your prompt reply.

Regards

TPM
TPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:05 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPM View Post
Hi David (thinkpadx)

Thanks for the info. I thought the transformer I used may not have been the right one as there is no connection on the majority of transformers as to which piece of hardware it partners - except the voltage if it is shown on the parent machine. I have about twenty transformers kicking around and am gradually labelling them. I tracked down the problem to a faulty USB cable, now it will work.

I really appreciate your prompt reply.

Regards

TPM
Watch out for the POLARITY marked for the dot inside the C .
Get that wrong and Bzzt, the magic smoke escapes

Having a few extra MA hurts nothing.
Having the wrong voltage could do damage.
Why can't device makers sticker (or at least include one in the users pack for you to apply) to generic power adapters?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote