Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-22-2010, 03:56 AM   #1
alexxx
Connoisseur
alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
nested collections

I finally have my DX, and though it is still 2.3, I'm eagerly waiting for the 2.5 update to be able to use the collections feature.

Since I cannot experiment, a question for you: is it possible to create collections inside collections?

alessandro
alexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:08 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No; collections are "tags" and can't be nested.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 09:07 AM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
But a single book can be put in more than one collection.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:18 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, as I said, collections are tags, not folders. You can give a book as many different tags as you wish, and it will show up in the appropriate collection(s).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:01 PM   #5
darthjoey
Enthusiast
darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.darthjoey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2 - International
Also, OP, the 2.5 update is available from Amazon now, and the link is floating around this forum, so you don't have to wait.
darthjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #6
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket; Hiebook; N700; Sony 505; Kindle DX ...
@darthjoey: thank you, I read about it - but having it since less than 1 day I wanted to avoid to brick it so soon (maybe I'm paranoid!)

@Harry: damn, 1-level only is not so much ... on the Sony505 I had just 20 books or so at the same time on the device, but having suddenly 3.5GB I'd really like to import <everything> on it!
At least I wanted to have a 2-level structure (Science, Literature, SciFi, ...) with inside a folder for each author name. This way it will be a mess in any case, say by Jules Verne only I must have 20 books!

alessandro
alexxxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #7
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxxm View Post
@darthjoey: thank you, I read about it - but having it since less than 1 day I wanted to avoid to brick it so soon (maybe I'm paranoid!)

@Harry: damn, 1-level only is not so much ... on the Sony505 I had just 20 books or so at the same time on the device, but having suddenly 3.5GB I'd really like to import <everything> on it!
At least I wanted to have a 2-level structure (Science, Literature, SciFi, ...) with inside a folder for each author name. This way it will be a mess in any case, say by Jules Verne only I must have 20 books!

alessandro

You can set up collections like:
SciFi_Verne
SciFi_Wells

or even

SciFi_hard_Wells
SciFi_romance_Wells

Myst_Christie
Myst_Sayers

Then the collections view will group the Authors together under a genre.
A little clunky - but you can achieve almost the same sorting as nested collections with a little planning (and some graph paper).
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote