Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-03-2009, 02:14 PM   #1
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Vox
Try Shortcovers this weekend: 25% off your first purchase

Since is the deal forum, I hope you won't mind me promoting an offer we have at Shortcovers this weekend.

Until Oct 5th at 11:59pm EST, use the discount code 'oct25' on your first eBook purchase from Shortcovers, and get 25% off!

Shortcovers sells DRM'd ePubs for downloading and reading on your PC/Mac or eInk reader (Sony, etc), and we also have custom applications for the iPhone, Blackberry, Palm Pre and Android that let you read on your mobile phones.

One purchase lets you get the ePub or read on your mobile, and you can even browse and buy on your phone too.

Full details on the offer here:
http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=b...&id=da9b10540c

Check out the Shortcovers website here:
http://shortcovers.com

And follow us on Twitter for daily features:
http://twitter.com/shortcovers

Jordan Christensen
Product Manager, Shortcovers
JCKobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #2
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
Thanks! I've been meaning to check out Shortcovers, and this was just the push I needed to actually do it.
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2009, 05:30 AM   #3
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Bah! Geographic restrictions - I can't buy from you - What an irritating waste of time this is rapidly becoming
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:01 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
JC, if I buy a book from Shortcovers, can I read it both on my Sony 505 and my iPhone? I like having the same book on both (as long as I don't have to pay twice) so one is always at hand.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:08 AM   #5
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy
JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.JCKobo can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
JC, if I buy a book from Shortcovers, can I read it both on my Sony 505 and my iPhone? I like having the same book on both (as long as I don't have to pay twice) so one is always at hand.
As long as the book is available in ePub format, you sure can. Make sure there is an 'Available in ePub' icon on the website.
Advert
Old 10-04-2009, 10:11 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Unless you are able to strip the DRM from the ePub, you'll only be able to read the eBook on your 505. Stanza does not support DRM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #7
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Quote:
I purchased a couple of books for my Sony last night and went ahead and installed the iPhone app. It looks like you can download your purchases to the iPhone, too. Be warned though, the app does seem a bit buggy. It quit on my twice in the few minutes I tried using it.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #8
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Unless you are able to strip the DRM from the ePub, you'll only be able to read the eBook on your 505. Stanza does not support DRM.
You can use our own iPhone app that integrates with our store. Version 2.0 came out just over a week ago:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...301259483&mt=8

http://blog.shortcovers.com/2009/09/...now-available/
Old 10-04-2009, 10:19 AM   #9
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Jon, glad to see you chiming in on yet another thing you clearly don't have any actual knowledge of.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:22 AM   #10
thianliongpatpoh
Zealot
thianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCShortcovers View Post
As long as the book is available in ePub format, you sure can. Make sure there is an 'Available in ePub' icon on the website.
Can I download the book I purchase? Are the ePubs downloadable? Last time I registered and try to download the Freebie The Angel Experiment, it's a no-no for ePub download...
thianliongpatpoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #11
dickon25
Groupie
dickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505. Pocketbook Inkpad 840
Unless I've missed the blindingly obvious, Shortcovers doesn't seem to have a 'Cart' system, ie you can only buy one book at a time. Since my bank charges £1 for each overseas transaction, regardless of amount, this could get expensive if I want to make more than one purchase and swallows up any potential savings. Paypal would be useful here!
Nice site though!
dickon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:34 AM   #12
JCKobo
Kobo Product Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thianliongpatpoh View Post
Can I download the book I purchase? Are the ePubs downloadable? Last time I registered and try to download the Freebie The Angel Experiment, it's a no-no for ePub download...
The Angel Experiment isn't free anymore, but if you bookmarked it while it was free you can still download it.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #13
A Nonny Mouse
Connoisseur
A Nonny Mouse has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.A Nonny Mouse has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.A Nonny Mouse has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony prs505
I can't spend any money with you whilst you operate *geographic restrictions*
A Nonny Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:36 PM   #14
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
You need to do some browser testing on different monitors and screen resolutions. I got to the Credit Card info page and found I could not see the buttons to complete the purchase because the footer was larger than it should be on my screen.

I've attached a screen shot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	36917  
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #15
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCShortcovers View Post
I just bought an ePub book (The Apostle by Brad Thor) and loaded it into my Sony 505 where it reads fine. And then, to my delight, I checked Shortcovers on my iPhone and there was The Apostle.

This is very cool and Shortcovers is going to be getting a lot of my business.

Thanks
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote