Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 04-13-2010, 03:09 PM   #136
akira28
Nameless Being

Nate,

In my experience there is a definite bias against LCD. Individuals offering opinions against the majority of e-ink owners or even by suggesting there is a bias here are subject to ridicule and attack. I offer two examples:

In this thread ( https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59937 ) I suggested to Mr Turcic, the thread's originator, that 1) setting up new forums appeared arbitrary (it can be when one person decides to set a minimum number of required posts and doesn't disclose that figure, allowing that number to change at will) and 2) there was a bias at MR. My bias suggestion was ignored and an explanation was never given as to why it took 18 months to implement a Jetbook (LCD) forum. A poster and myself were subsequently attacked by another poster. Mr. Turcic, who I assume is also a moderator, was silent as these attacks occured. Instead of defending people of the right to voice their opinion, by remaining silent the attacks were encouraged. If a forum moderator allows this to occur then why should anyone think that MobileRead is anything but unbiased.

In this thread (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79623) someone ran a poll in the General Discussion forum which posed the question of the two which [screen] technology was better overall. The poll was getting swamped in favor of e-ink. After reviewing the voter demographics, I suggested that the poll results could have been invalid. I was attacked and accused of "berating" people who favor e-ink and of having called them "unworthy". It seems that people who do not go with the groupthink are not only marginalized but are sometimes abused.

Thank you for the opportunity to address this concern.

Last edited by akira28; 04-13-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:23 PM   #137
idraw22
Zealot
idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idraw22 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite, Kindle 3, jetbook mini, sony clie, sony prs-T1
Well, I get confused on which is which, but I have a Jetbook Lite, and love it! I intend to get another reader and I've been looking at the Kobo & the Sony Pocket. The only thing I feel anti against, is high-priced readers, or anything over 200 dollars. I like the way I don't see after images when I use my jetbook. I've been "visiting" the Sony Pocket at Best Buy and other stores. I don't like the way the screen goes black when you turn pages, but... I do like the price. I've seen the new Kindle commercials, too. They don't seem to advertise it as a book, but rather than it brings out your imagination, I guess. The Kindle does the same thing with the pages blanking when they turn, but there are things you'll overlook for a nice price and a good read.
idraw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2010, 09:13 PM   #138
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
There are some e-Ink readers (such as the Cybook Gen3 and the Pocketbook series) that allow you to turn off the flash.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote