Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #35701
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Nice number orlok. Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	266
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	101617

Curled up with my blanket and enjoying my coffee while grumpy about having to get ready for work later. *sigh* I would love to be able to pay the bills and not work.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #35702
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Basking in my perfect posting tally (6666). Will never post another...err...post...ever again.
Dreams beat me to it, but here's another screenshot of that perfect score, orlok:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MR orlok's perfect post count.PNG
Views:	161
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	101629  
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:15 AM   #35703
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Debating if and how I should do an unboxing video.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:37 AM   #35704
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Nice number orlok. Attachment 101617

Curled up with my blanket and enjoying my coffee while grumpy about having to get ready for work later. *sigh* I would love to be able to pay the bills and not work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Dreams beat me to it, but here's another screenshot of that perfect score, orlok:
Thank you both . Oh NO! I've ruined it .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #35705
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Thank you both . Oh NO! I've ruined it .

It's Thursday, which means that tomorrow is Friday! Which of course means a weekend is right after.

Naw, I'm not counting the hours until the weekend.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #35706
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
...I'm not counting the hours until the weekend.
You and me both. I'm so not enamoured with work right now that I long for the weekends. Time for some game, I think .
Old 02-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #35707
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Installing SimCity 3000. I tried installing SC4 Deluxe but that isn't compatible with Windows 7 (the non-deluxe version is). The disc for SC3000 was in the same jewel case so I popped it in and it seems to be installing okay, hopefully it'll play okay, too .

It's only for two weeks then SC2013 is released. I was selected as beta tester last weekend but it was limited to a tutorial and one hour of game play. Now I'm addicted, again, and need a fix .
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:12 PM   #35708
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
You and me both. I'm so not enamoured with work right now that I long for the weekends. Time for some game, I think .
I'm thinking seriously of putting in my papers in April.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:16 AM   #35709
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
The best part of retirement was starting to work again. But this time, doing it MY way. Where I want. When I want. If I want! And ONLY if I want!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:26 AM   #35710
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
The best part of retirement was starting to work again. But this time, doing it MY way. Where I want. When I want. If I want! And ONLY if I want!

Stitchawl
I so jealous that you both have that option. I shall be working until I pop my clogs, I think. Three school-age children and a mortgage (that takes me until I'm 70 to pay off) to support.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:36 AM   #35711
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
(coughing the last of my influenza away)
I've done my shopping on my bike, but it snowed, again! Something isn't right with the weather.
The way things are going in our economy, I'm glad my partner has retired with reasonable income. The folks my age (60) have not much to look forward in that aspect.

Wait......is this a rant....

Last edited by desertblues; 02-22-2013 at 04:44 AM. Reason: grammar
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:30 AM   #35712
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I so jealous that you both have that option. I shall be working until I pop my clogs, I think. Three school-age children and a mortgage (that takes me until I'm 70 to pay off) to support.
We are in the process of getting the condo ready to sell before we move. Because of the economy, we will be taking more than a 50% loss on the place. A lot of folks wouldn't sell because of that, but I figure 'a bird in the hand,' etc. Besides, we've only got about another 20 years left, 30 at the most, and the way we live, probably a lot less. I'd rather cut and run with what we have, than think about holding out for more. My kid has more money than I do, so he won't have to worry about praying for a big inheritance just to survive. And in Thailand, you can live comfortably on 1/5 of what it costs in Japan or the US. You just can't read the street signs. But I have trouble doing that here, so no big deal.

Stitchawl
Old 02-22-2013, 04:51 AM   #35713
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
We are in the process of getting the condo ready to sell before we move. Because of the economy, we will be taking more than a 50% loss on the place. A lot of folks wouldn't sell because of that, but I figure 'a bird in the hand,' etc. Besides, we've only got about another 20 years left, 30 at the most, and the way we live, probably a lot less. I'd rather cut and run with what we have, than think about holding out for more. My kid has more money than I do, so he won't have to worry about praying for a big inheritance just to survive. And in Thailand, you can live comfortably on 1/5 of what it costs in Japan or the US. You just can't read the street signs. But I have trouble doing that here, so no big deal.

Stitchawl
That's a brave move, but then you did the sensible thing and got your dependents out of the way early and able to support themselves. Our house is worth less than we paid for it (not 50%, thank goodness) so we just couldn't afford to sell right now. Eventually we will downsize, but I don't think I'd be able to convince my wife to move to foreign shores, even though I'd love to. We did that once before (South Africa) and she loved it at first, but ended up hating it.

How are the showings going?
Old 02-22-2013, 04:53 AM   #35714
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
(I've got the college education of my daughter to pay for.....)
I do free lance work, volunteer work and scientific research, and as you say Stichawl ' on my terms'. I worked live a slave from when I was 17; got and paid for myself my scientific education so I can look forward to reaping those benefits.
But people in our country have to work longer, the unemployment has not been as high as in 30 years, and cuts on salary all over.
Still; some of my friends have serious health issues now and discovered that good health is what is important in the end.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #35715
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Eventually we will downsize, but I don't think I'd be able to convince my wife to move to foreign shores, even though I'd love to. We did that once before (South Africa) and she loved it at first, but ended up hating it.
Living in a foreign country isn't particularly easy. It requires an enormous amount of flexibility. One nice thing about modern days is that it's so easy to travel now. When we last lived in Thailand, if my wife missed Japan, she got on a plane and was back with her sisters in Japan in a matter of hours. A week of that and she was good for another year or two of foreign life. Now back in Japan, it's me that meditates regularly to keep a smile on my face. When we live in a different country, we BOTH meditate regularly to stay sane. It's cheaper than a psychiatrist. A lot of people try it and just can adjust to different cultures.

Quote:
How are the showings going?
Haven't started yet. We just had the estate agent in last week to give us some tips and discuss an asking price. We've been spending this past week scrubbing down the walls, oiling the woodwork, re-papering the interior shoji (six more to do this weekend,) polishing the brightwork, etc., etc., etc. Monday the estate agent will begin advertising and showing. He estimates 2-3 months for this place to sell at close to our asking price, faster if we come down. Hopefully, all will be completed by May. We plan to leave Japan June 6th. I'll begin the Visa process in the middle of next month, and we'll begin an inoculation series at the same time. Nothing is 'required' but we haven't had Tetnus boosters in almost 10 years, rabbies vaccine, typhoid (if we can get the oral vaccine. I won't do typhoid shoots EVER again!) and Japanese Encephalitis boosters too. It cheap insurance...

Stitchawl

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?