Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #91
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
I don't think that you can totally remove the icons. The Android OS basically uses those three icons as it's equivalent to the Minimize and Close Window functions. So my guess is they're considered to be mandatory display elements.

For what it's worth, they're also displayed in Mantano Lite. So they're probably in the paid version(s) as well.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #92
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
In that case, it may be a lucky coincidence that pressing the volume button removes the bottom toolbar. Hopefully it will remain that way. The books in Moon+ Pro look much better in true full-screen mode.

PS: I also have the Mantano Premium version, but Moon+ Reader, at least for now, strikes me as the better e-reader, despite the lower price.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2013, 09:38 PM   #93
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
I'm not sure whether Moon+ or Mantano will end up as my preferred reader for the N7 just yet. I purchased the Moon+ based on positive comments by other MR users. The Mantano has one or two features that look interesting.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #94
Dhevi
Zealot
Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy S3, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
I'm not sure whether Moon+ or Mantano will end up as my preferred reader for the N7 just yet. I purchased the Moon+ based on positive comments by other MR users. The Mantano has one or two features that look interesting.
If you name those features, we could offer input.
Dhevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:15 AM   #95
varmemester
Connoisseur
varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 & Sony PRS-950
This seems to be a general Moon+ Reader Pro thread. Allow me to ask a question:
I read quite a few pdf files using my Nexus 7. Since you can't change font sizes on pdf files, I crop the pages as much as I can by zooming in. My problem is, when i change pages by tapping on either side of the screen I accidentally "move" the page from the optimal position. Is there a way to lock the screen after zooming in? Hope i made myself clear. Cheers
varmemester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #96
Lanix
Lanix began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by varmemester View Post
This seems to be a general Moon+ Reader Pro thread. Allow me to ask a question:
I read quite a few pdf files using my Nexus 7. Since you can't change font sizes on pdf files, I crop the pages as much as I can by zooming in. My problem is, when i change pages by tapping on either side of the screen I accidentally "move" the page from the optimal position. Is there a way to lock the screen after zooming in? Hope i made myself clear. Cheers
When you pinch zoom there's an icon (two arrows) in the bottom left to lock moving.
Lanix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #97
kmlkz
kmlkz began at the beginning.

Device: Tab 10.1
My device lags so much (Tab 10.1) that i want to disable ALL scrolling So that swiping right will just bring the next page, no fancy animations of the pages sliding?
kmlkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #98
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmlkz View Post
My device lags so much (Tab 10.1) that i want to disable ALL scrolling So that swiping right will just bring the next page, no fancy animations of the pages sliding?
Open settings go to visual options and turn off the page flip animations.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:58 AM   #99
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
Can anyone tell me why the Android buttons at the bottom have stopped fading out on my Nexus 7? It was fine yesterday, but today I can't get them to go away while I'm reading. It only does this in moon +, Aldiko is working normally, buttons fade as usual.
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:41 AM   #100
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Happens to me here, too, from time to time. (2013 Nexus 7.) Try quitting and relaunching Moon+. By the way, Android 4.4 KitKat will bring a new "immersive mode", allowing us to get rid of the 3 buttons altogether. Currently, I can only achieve this by flipping pages using the volume button.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #101
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Where is the "Display like the CSS says to" button? Seriously... I've disabled all CSS overrides in the settings and the text still doesn't display as it's supposed to. Text that's supposed to be indented further than the normal text isn't, and text that's supposed to be smaller than the normal text isn't. Also, text that's supposed to be right-aligned is left-aligned. Some text is supposed to be justified while some is left-aligned (ragged-right), but Moon+ Pro seems to display it ALL justified OR ragged right. It's like it's homogenizing everything and I don't want it to.

I can switch to the "Preview publisher defaults" mode and things are very close to what I want... except the @page margin-top and margin-bottom aren't honored (text runs off the top and bottom of the screen), it "scrolls" in some weird top to bottom way instead of side-to side page turns, and the side-margins can't be tweaked. The paragraph spacing can be reduced, but doing so seems to occasionally override some rather important margin-top css parameters in the process.

I've been through all the settings (and restarted), so unless someone knows some sort of trick... I have to assume that this app is just incapable of showing me the "stock" epub (in a standard side-to-side page turning manner) that I can then tweak just a tiny bit (like the side-margins only). It just seems to take too many formatting "liberties."

Hopefully someone can point out something obvious I've overlooked?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #102
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

You haven't overlooked anything. That's the way it's supposed to be. EPUB is supposed to be a pliable format, allowing the reader to reformat the text in any way the reader pleases. As opposed to PDF, EPUB is a reader-centric format -- that's why I love it, and that's why I avoid PDF files, which are publisher-centric. If you expect e-reader software to give you 100% of the publisher's formatting, you're bound to get disappointed, regardless of which e-reader app you choose. I love Moon+ Reader precisely for the opposite of what you're looking for: the plentiful layout customisation options on the user's side.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #103
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
You haven't overlooked anything. That's the way it's supposed to be. EPUB is supposed to be a pliable format, allowing the reader to reformat the text in any way the reader pleases.
Then it's failed miserably at it's own goal. Because it would please this reader to start with the ebook's own css formatting and then tweak accordingly. Like I do with other apps. Not to start with some app's interpretation of how things should appear and then have to fight tooth and nail just to never quite be able get it exactly the way I want. If it were truly pliable enough to format the text any way I please, I obviously wouldn't be having an issue.

Oh well... thanks for the confirmation that it's not flexible enough to meet my needs. Saves me some time.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #104
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Because it would please this reader to start with the ebook's own css formatting and then tweak accordingly.
Right, but please understand that that's just your personal preference. Many readers (myself included) prefer the exactly opposite approach: they wish, if possible, for a book to instantly look the way they prefer to read their books, instead of having to get to that ideal look manually every time you start reading a new book.

Also, this is not just a Moon+ Reader preference, but I bet that practically all e-reader software behaves in a similar way. Good luck finding an app that gives preference to the publisher mode by default -- it might be a hopeless search for you.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #105
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Right, but please understand that that's just your personal preference. Many readers (myself included) prefer the exactly opposite approach: they wish, if possible, for a book to instantly look the way they prefer to read their books, instead of having to get to that ideal look manually every time you start reading a new book.
Well sure. It's ALL about personal preference, for everyone. Right? I also wish for a book to instantly look the way I prefer with out too much fiddling. It just so happens that what I prefer is the fairly "standard" formatting experience that most ebooks I purchase already conform to fairly well. Moon+ denies me that formatting.

Quote:
Also, this is not just a Moon+ Reader preference, but I bet that practically all e-reader software behaves in a similar way. Good luck finding an app that gives preference to the publisher mode by default -- it might be a hopeless search for you.
You're right. None of them display exactly the same. There's always little quirks. But there's plenty out there that that allow me to start with a "This is how the ebook was created to look" standard and go from there. So it's not a hopeless search. I already have apps that do what I prefer. I just like to check out what else is out there in case anything is better. There was a lot of talk about this one so I checked it out.

No big deal, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything obvious I was overlooking to make it do what I want. There's not. Now I know.

Enjoy.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-17-2013 at 11:21 AM.