Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #1
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Anyone else get a $40 off any Kindle Coupon?

Just checked my email and Amazon sent me an exclusive coupon for $40 off any Kindle device. I figure I'll grab the base model for $29.

Anyone else get a coupon like that recently?
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
stutzj
Zealot
stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, PW2, Kindle 5(black)
I haven't. The $69 kindle is definitely worth picking up for $29 - still my favorite kindle. I just googled the deal and found this info from a week ago when they ran this promotion before (must be trying to clear some stock or generate more kindle sales):

"Customers who are heavy book purchasers will only be given a discount on any brand-new Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire 2nd Generation, Kindle Fire HD, or Kindle Fire HDX model. This promotion is running through 11:59 p.m. PST, October 29, 2013.

If you are eligible, you will receive the offer via e-mail with a link to the website to redeem the offer. No promotion code is required--all you have to do is sign into your account, add the eligible Kindle to your cart, and purchase the device.

Please note that, if you receive the offer link either through a deals website or from an eligible customer, you will not be able to redeem this offer. If you visit the website, you will be told that you aren't eligible for the offer, and will be directed to other great deals we're offering for Kindle content and accessories."

I'm a prime member and I definitely buy 4-5 Kindle books a month so I'm hoping I'll get some kind of coupon.
stutzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #3
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
No luck here...
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the info, mine's good through this weekend so I'll grab it tonight after I get paid.

As for being a heavy book purchaser, I've bought 8 Kindle books so far this month, and 21 last month.

Also, I have almost 900 Kindle books, but do not own a Kindle device (just tablets/phones right now)

Last edited by Lemurion; 11-09-2013 at 01:20 PM. Reason: more info.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #5
stutzj
Zealot
stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stutzj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, PW2, Kindle 5(black)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
but do not own a Kindle device (just tablets/phones right now)
And THAT is the reason, I'm sure. Good choice with the basic model - much lighter, and IMO better contrast (without lighting) than the PW.
stutzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
No luck here...
Same here! I buy maybe 50 books or more a month. Where's my email.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by stutzj View Post
And THAT is the reason, I'm sure. Good choice with the basic model - much lighter, and IMO better contrast (without lighting) than the PW.
Ah that's makes sense and it's a good idea!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #8
garylapointe
Book Geek
garylapointe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, iPad + iPhone with Kindle App
Quote:
Just checked my email and Amazon sent me an exclusive coupon for $40 off any Kindle device. I figure I'll grab the base model for $29.

I have a friend who has a Amazon Prime account (but no Kindle) who got one for $40.

I think she's going to buy one. She has a Nook but for the price, I know she's considering it.

If she doesn't, I think I'll have her pick me up a spare for $29. I'll use that one at the pool/beach!

Gary
garylapointe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #9
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Sadly, I did not get that email. I would have ordered a new Paperwhite if I did.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #10
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:

I didn't get an email, I just was on amazon last night and saw the discount beckoning me from the front page. I got the base model too. I'm a big fan of buttons. I wasn't in the market for a kindle, but man what a cheap way to experiment with eink.

It's highly targeted. After I got it, I went to slickdeals and folks there are talking about some who have gotten offers of $60 and even $80 off. We're all rats in Amazon's maze. If you haven't gotten the offer yet, you might be extra lucky and get the really big hunk of cheese. Cross your fingers.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #11
Lemurion
eReader

It arrived today and I'm already on my second book. Very impressed with the delivery speed, ordered it Saturday night and it showed up the next business day even with standard shipping.