Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 04:37 PM   #1
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Best eReader for a Person without a Computer?

My wife's mother was over today. She was loving my Kindle and Fire. I think she would love an e-reader but would not spend a lot downloading books. I think she would download books, but would like the option of borrowing library books and accessing newspapers and magazines via Calibre.

Unfortunately, she does not have internet access.

I could deliver content to her reader using Calibre, but she would need to be able to receive the emails on the device.

Can the Touch 3g or Keyboard 3g receive Calibre deliveries via the 3g service? Are there other options?
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Why would you need Calibre for sending things to her Kindle? If she has a 3G, she can get everything through 3G. If she emails things, it will cost $.15/mb, but if you copy things via USB, it won't cost anything (or if she buys books from Amazon or downloads them via the web browser on the Kindle).

Does she have AT&T coverage where she lives?
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
I would guess there is ATT. Calibre sends things for free that would require a subscription via Amazon.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
BrowseTheStacks
BrowseTheStacks
BrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notesBrowseTheStacks can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle 3 3G + WI-FI
Each kindle has its own email address through amazon. Send her the book by email and she could retreve it via 3g from her personal documents folder on her manage my kindle page. And the kindle keyboard 3g would be a good choice for someone with no internet access.

Last edited by BrowseTheStacks; 11-22-2011 at 09:39 PM.
BrowseTheStacks is offline   Reply With Quote