Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 01:55 PM   #61
mr_ed
Connoisseur
mr_ed began at the beginning.

Device: been e-reading since Handspring's first PDA
The rotate/power problem disturbs me. It's like something got corrupted in the init files, but how?

-- Ed
mr_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:00 PM   #62
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
vicinc -

You're shooting in the dark at the moment. Install the following program and see if you find any errors in the log report. In particular, I'm interested to see what the log says when you run the Journal/Reader apps. Most likely, that will give us a hint at what's going on.

http://code.google.com/p/android-ran...ame=Logcat.apk

So weird, vicinc! Sorry this has been such an ordeal! That stinks!
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #63
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
MrEd. Do you know where are they located (the init files)? I will copy them from the ermine update and try this again. I really want to get this working and I will not mess with it again.... just leave my daughter have it. Kenny, I am downloading the program and I will report back shortly. it is strange every thing else (inc. market) works 100%. The e-ink screen get stuck on initialising.... it is strange. but swear the only funny thing i did was editing the build.prop. I taught my internal card is damaged, but if everything else is working?
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 02:19 PM   #64
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I was thinking I could do something like this, flashing under android terminal or adb shell with a dingo. but where would i got a dingo recovery image?
vic

1. Download this file: Recovery.zip

2. Extract file contents to your \tools\ directory of your Android SDK.

3. Open up a command prompt and go to your tools directory, and execute these commands: (MAKE SURE YOUR SDCARD IS NOT MOUNTED TO YOUR COMPUTER OR THESE COMMANDS WON'T WORK! MAKE SURE IT IS ON "CHARGE ONLY")

adb shell mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
adb push recovery.img /sdcard
adb push flash_image /system/bin
adb shell chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
adb shell flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
Old 06-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #65
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
I would recommend slowing down a bit and assessing your situation before continuing much further, you don't want to mess things up more than they are... As I said before, the apps not working is most likely due to missing libraries, not anything that can be fixed with TB. When you say that you have restored everything, what was your procedure? Also, everyone should already have logcat, just type adb logcat > logcat.txt then run the program that error's out and then press Ctrl+C, then send us the file.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #66
mr_ed
Connoisseur
mr_ed began at the beginning.

Device: been e-reading since Handspring's first PDA
The piece-parts to get Linux - I mean, Android - up and running are in the /etc directory. If you're looking at the directory in a terminal window, depending on its settings, you may not notice that some of the entries are themselves directories, so watch out for that.

If it's a file-corruption problem, there are other places within /etc too, such as fstab or whatever Android calls it. (Sorry, don't have a device handy to check.)

-- Ed
mr_ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:00 PM   #67
vicinc
Guru

Kenny, attached here. Seems that can not find the framebuffer device (eink) when trying to access the journal or reader. see attached log. looks like the eink drivers are not loading? I am lost.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2011-06-18-19-53-45.txt (102.2 KB, 323 views)

Last edited by vicinc; 06-18-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:08 PM   #68
vicinc
Guru

emusan> I did attached the logcat in my prev post. I did copy everything in system1 from the ermine update.zip to system including the esi folder. then I restored the entourage apps via titanium backup.
I did not touch system2 content yet (inc. etc)

Last edited by vicinc; 06-18-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:37 PM   #69
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
I'm not able to access my desktop right now, but can you tell me if there is a /dev folder within the update.zip? it sounds like something messed up your devices...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:51 PM   #70
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
then I restored the entourage apps via titanium backup.
That's strange: TB (I have free ver only) is incapable to make backups of com.adobe.flashlite, com.entouragesys.eink.journal and com.entouragesys.eink.reader on my system.

Last edited by ptsenter; 06-18-2011 at 04:01 PM.
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:40 PM   #71
vicinc
Guru

journal app and reader app are in the copy from Kenny. I think he has registered version. They restored fine, but they do not work.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #72
ptsenter
Addict

Can you be more specific:
if it says Reader 1.0 and Journal 1.0 and they have associated icons - android - they are not the ones I'm talking about.
Eink apps should have exact names as I provided.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #73
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

ptsenter -

I see what you mean. I just assumed Journal 1.0 and Reader 1.0 were the applications. When I look at com.entouragesys.eink.journal and com.entouragesys.eink.reader, they are crossed out. Is that the same on your system? Regardless, it won't let me make backups of either of those files. What is Journal 1.0 and Reader 1.0 if it is not the e-ink applications, especially given that they have the same icons? Maybe just the Android program without e-ink drivers?
Old 06-18-2011, 05:28 PM   #74
ptsenter
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyminot View Post
Maybe just the Android program without e-ink drivers?
Pretty much - they are just front-end - icon on the screen, allow to select a book or a journal and pass them to real apps for processing.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:31 PM   #75
kennyminot
Groupie

mr_ed -

Do you think it's worth a shot replacing the init files? I'm not exactly sure how they work, but I can certainly upload my copies.