Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-08-2008, 11:28 AM   #76
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Do you still own the rights? If so, then a bit of legwork and you could self-pub. A little OCR, some intense tweaking, and a run through HarryT's tutorial and voila! You could publish at Amazon (although our very own Steve Jordan would advise against that,) or on Mobipocket. Or here, if you just want it out there and don't want the Gatesian income that it would bring you.
...or on feedbooks.com, if you just want it out there. (although i believe they are planning to add the possibility to sell content as well, one day)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:01 PM   #77
Andurian
You really should try it!
Andurian doesn't litterAndurian doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500
If aesthetics is relative, then "The Kindle is ugly." is a statement of opinion. Requiring a "I think" in front of it is rather silly.

However, I don't think that aesthetics is completely relative. Our brains evolved to find particular things attractive and other things repulsive. Aculturation can make a difference (you might learn to not like pretty flowers, or to ignore the stench of uncleaned toilets), but I think the baseline is still there.
Andurian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon kindle