Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-08-2008, 02:53 PM   #31
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Sounds good to me. I like fruity girlie drinks! Can I come? Or would a 3rd wheel cramp your stalking style?
Sure! You can come along! No way am I going for a B'ham stalker coupon. Those cops make Chicago's look positively progressive. I could just double up the credit in Paris!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:59 PM   #32
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Sure! You can come along! No way am I going for a B'ham stalker coupon. Those cops make Chicago's look positively progressive. I could just double up the credit in Paris!

Buy 'em in a carte of 10 from a vending machine at Chas de Gaulle airport.

No comment on the B'ham cops, seeing as how I have to live here and all. DELETED

Last edited by DixieGal; 07-08-2008 at 03:08 PM. Reason: I deleted the rest of the paragraph for reasons that it might get me in trouble!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:12 PM   #33
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
And don't knock the c-rum and cola until you've tried it, missy!
well, i really hate cola, to begin with, and as far as i'm concerned adding rhum to it can only ruin the rum, rather than improve the cola (that's beyond hope). if i'm going to drink rum, i prefer a good mojito for example. you should try it. like yours it's made with rum, it's a tiny bit bubbly (if you use fizzy water), yet it's several orders of magnitude better, since there is no cola whatsoever in it !

or maybe a ti punch, but i can usually only drink one of those.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:18 PM   #34
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
well, i really hate cola, to begin with, and as far as i'm concerned adding rhum to it can only ruin the rum, rather than improve the cola (that's beyond hope). if i'm going to drink rum, i prefer a good mojito for example. you should try it. like yours it's made with rum, it's a tiny bit bubbly (if you use fizzy water), yet it's several orders of magnitude better, since there is no cola whatsoever in it !

or maybe a ti punch, but i can usually only drink one of those.
I like mojitos. But the tenders around here are sort of slow to get it, never having mint available, when they need it, and all.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:31 PM   #35
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

huh. i don't see why getting mint should be so difficult. they manage to have plenty of it around here. you can buy it in any four seasons shop, if you want to make your own mojitos (a friend of mine does), or mint tea, or taboulé... it's not hard to grow. maybe you should grow your own ; then you could make your own mojitos, and you wouldn't have to drink that revolting mixture you're stuck with now.

technically though there are so many drinks that even if you stay with rum, and without mint, there is no reason you should ever have to drink anything containing cola. here. my gift to you.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #36
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Eeeww, mojitos! Like drinking chewing gum. That's nearly as revolting as the mint tea you get in the mid-East to eat with the shredded goat. I'll stick to Frangos for my mints!
Old 07-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #37
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Eeeww, mojitos! Like drinking chewing gum. That's nearly as revolting as the mint tea you get in the mid-East to eat with the shredded goat. I'll stick to Frangos for my mints!
you're clearly doing it wrong. for the mojitos, and for the tea.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:07 PM   #38
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
you're clearly doing it wrong. for the mojitos, and for the tea.
LOL! I guess so, but really, I've never liked mint. Has an aunt who grew it by her door, however, and it always smelled nice when we went to visit.

But, the mint tea is good for one thing: In questionable locales with questionable water, at least they boil it to make the tea, so we probably won't get sick from it.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:21 PM   #39
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
LOL! I guess so, but really, I've never liked mint.
ah. now see, there's the trouble, right there.

Quote:
Has an aunt who grew it by her door, however, and it always smelled nice when we went to visit.
yes, i think fresh mint smells delicious and lovely.

Quote:
But, the mint tea is good for one thing: In questionable locales with questionable water, at least they boil it to make the tea, so we probably won't get sick from it.
that is a good secondary benefit from it. of course, even without taking that into consideration, it's quite a refreshing drink. if you like mint, of course. and really, when it's done properly, it tastes nothing at all like chewing gum. i promise. i don't actually like chewing gum very much either. i do like altoids though (the curiously strong mints !) and while i have never tasted your frangos-mints-of-the-silly-name, i remain quite skeptical that could possibly be *better*.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:32 PM   #40
pshrynk

Quote:

that is a good secondary benefit from it. of course, even without taking that into consideration, it's quite a refreshing drink. if you like mint, of course. and really, when it's done properly, it tastes nothing at all like chewing gum. i promise. i don't actually like chewing gum very much either. i do like altoids though (the curiously strong mints !) and while i have never tasted your frangos-mints-of-the-silly-name, i remain quite skeptical that could possibly be *better*.
Frangos have it all over Altoids. A soft, chewy, chocolaty mint that just makes you roll your eyes and sigh. Only better.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:32 PM   #41
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:

Frangos are the most melty yummy chocolate mints you will ever eat a boxful of on the trolley. The blurb on the box is that some guy named Frango invented the candy and sold the recipe to Marshall Fields. I like the chocolate-filled chocolates best of all! And let me tell you, a boxful of sugar-free mints on the trolley will have you trotting all night! (Warning: Excessive consumption will cause diarrhea!) The niece and nephew always package up a half dozen boxes of assorted flavors and send to us at Xmas. OH NO - Pshrynk, will they still make Frangos now that it is Macys? But maybe my local Macys will start selling them?

As far as that revolting tea, make sure to watch them fix it, so you can make sure they wash the leaves in some boiling water before stuffing it down in the glass. I'm grossing myself out just thinking of it.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:34 PM   #42
pshrynk

Quote:
Frangos are the most melty yummy chocolate mints you will ever eat a boxful of on the trolley. The blurb on the box is that some guy named Frango invented the candy and sold the recipe to Marshall Fields. I like the chocolate-filled chocolates best of all! And let me tell you, a boxful of sugar-free mints on the trolley will have you trotting all night! (Warning: Excessive consumption will cause diarrhea!) The niece and nephew always package up a half dozen boxes of assorted flavors and send to us at Xmas. OH NO - Pshrynk, will they still make Frangos now that it is Macys? But maybe my local Macys will start selling them?

As far as that revolting tea, make sure to watch them fix it, so you can make sure they wash the leaves in some boiling water before stuffing it down in the glass. I'm grossing myself out just thinking of it.
You should look for them and loudly demand them at your local Macy's. They have them at mine. Be obnoxious. They're Macy's and they're fuxting with a Chicago Landmark, so they should by ghod have Frangos!
Old 07-08-2008, 04:35 PM   #43
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
You should look for them and loudly demand them at your local Macy's. They have them at mine. Be obnoxious. They're Macy's and they're fuxting with a Chicago Landmark, so they should by ghod have Frangos!
Darn Straight!
Old 07-08-2008, 04:50 PM   #44
DixieGal
Hi There!

They can be ordered by mail!
http://www1.macys.com/search/index.o...Keyword=frango
Old 07-08-2008, 04:54 PM   #45
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Frangos have it all over Altoids. A soft, chewy, chocolaty mint that just makes you roll your eyes and sigh. Only better.
ok, these are clearly just a completely different animal, and should not be compared to altoids (positively or negatively). you could compare them to after eight mints i suppose ; i like those as well, but they're really not at all the same thing as altoids.

(they still have a silly name though).

Tags
clouds of enlightenment