Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-12-2010, 06:12 AM   #1
clockworkzombie
Connoisseur
clockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to behold

Device: iPad
.Lit files on the iPad

I have a few DRM free .lit files and had problems reading them on my iPad.
My Bebook handled it perfectly. After a little looking around I got it to work and wanted to share my solution.

I installed the desktop Stanza application and opened the books I wanted to transfer.

Stanza on the iPad then found the desktop Stanza as a source and let me transfer them and they worked perfectly, transferring through iTunes did not work at all.
clockworkzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #2
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
You could convert the lit file with calibre to ePub and load it to iBooks.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #3
Jonimeesermann
Connoisseur
Jonimeesermann began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia e71, Ipod Touch, Sony PRS 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
You could convert the lit file with calibre to ePub and load it to iBooks.
Yep, I also recommend it since Stanza desktop doesn't do a really good job with converting to epub, it tends to lose some of the formatting.

And after that you can drop the converted epub to iBooks or Stanza through iTunes which is simpler than sharing with Stanza desktop ( I assume you share via wifi?)
Jonimeesermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:56 AM   #4
clockworkzombie
Connoisseur
clockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to behold

Device: iPad
I prefer using Stanza & Goodreader than iBooks. Both are a little quicker than iBooks and Goodreader handles PDFs better.

I may need to try the Calibre conversion in the future but I was very happy with the Stanza transfer to the iPad.
clockworkzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:51 AM   #5
Jonimeesermann
Connoisseur
Jonimeesermann began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia e71, Ipod Touch, Sony PRS 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockworkzombie View Post
I prefer using Stanza & Goodreader than iBooks. Both are a little quicker than iBooks and Goodreader handles PDFs better.
Which is good because both app support file sharing with iTunes
Jonimeesermann is offline   Reply With Quote