Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-23-2023, 04:30 AM   #1
playful
Mammal
playful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kindle DXG
Question Turkish dictionaries for e-reader

Would anyone know where to find a Turkish dictionary for e-readers? Ultimately I'll use it in Stardict format but it could be in any format, will convert.

From or to Turkish, from or to English (or French or Spanish).

- the ones on Huzheng's site don't work
- there used to be a free Babylon one but the link is dead
playful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 10:35 AM   #2
Fiat_Lux
Addict
Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by playful View Post
Would anyone know where to find a Turkish dictionary for e-readers? Ultimately I'll use it in Stardict format but it could be in any format, will convert.

- the ones on Huzheng's site don't work
- there used to be a free Babylon one but the link is dead
Are you looking for a dictionary to translate English<->Turkish, or a dictionary that lists Turkish works and their definitions, or a dictionary to check Turkish spelling?
Fiat_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 10:56 AM   #3
Sarmat89
Evangelist
Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Turkish dictionaries for e-readers are not really feasible due to the insane morphology.
Sarmat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 11:38 AM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Wikiddict has small En->Tr, Fr->Tr and Es->Tr Startdict dictionaries.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 12:18 PM   #5
playful
Mammal
playful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmos

> Are you looking for a dictionary to translate English<->Turkish

This.

> Wikiddict has small En->Tr

Thank you for the tip. The two I've looked at don't work as the html inside the dict file is insane and has nothing to do with the dict format, but if I can understand the structure I'll convert it to a proper dict.

Maybe a solution would be to find a good dictionary as a regular ebook, and to parse it to convert it to dict format. From what I'm seeing on Amazon though there are very few dictionaries as ebook and from the "look inside" they seem quite basic (a few thousand words).

Last edited by playful; 02-01-2023 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-28-2023, 08:11 PM   #6
nezih
Enthusiast
nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Aura SE
Quote:
> Are you looking for a dictionary to translate English<->Turkish

This.

> Wikiddict has small En->Tr

Thank you for the tip. The two I've looked at don't work as the html inside the dict file is insane and has nothing to do with the dict format, but if I can understand the structure I'll convert it to a proper dict.

Maybe a solution would be to find a good dictionary as a regular ebook, and to parse it to convert it to dict format. From what I'm seeing on Amazon though there are very few dictionaries as ebook and from the "look inside" they seem quite basic (a few thousand words).
@playful

Here is a monolingual Turkish dictionary that I have created: https://github.com/anezih/guncel-tur...-kobo-stardict

For the Babylon one, you can convert the MOBI dictionary at http://eb.lv to StarDict via this script: https://github.com/anezih/mobi2stardict

Other than those, I can send you some bidirectional dictionaries (EN<->TR, FR<->TR) such as: https://github.com/anezih/fono-sozluk-stardict
nezih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 09:15 AM   #7
playful
Mammal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezih View Post
@playful
Teşekkür ederim, Nezih, çok ilginç!
I usually use pyGlossary for conversion, among other things, so that shouldn't be a problem.

> I can send you some bidirectional dictionaries (EN<->TR, FR<->TR)

YES, super interested!

Will PM you. :-)
Old 03-31-2023, 07:34 PM   #8
nezih
Enthusiast
nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Aura SE
Quote:
Teşekkür ederim, Nezih, çok ilginç!
I usually use pyGlossary for conversion, among other things, so that shouldn't be a problem.

> I can send you some bidirectional dictionaries (EN<->TR, FR<->TR)

YES, super interested!

Will PM you. :-)
PM sent.
nezih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 11:33 AM   #9
luisboris
luisboris began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezih View Post
@playful

Here is a monolingual Turkish dictionary that I have created: https://github.com/anezih/guncel-tur...-kobo-stardict

For the Babylon one, you can convert the MOBI dictionary at http://eb.lv to StarDict via this script: https://github.com/anezih/mobi2stardict

Other than those, I can send you some bidirectional dictionaries (EN<->TR, FR<->TR) such as: https://github.com/anezih/fono-sozluk-stardict
Hi there, I've sent you a PM regarding this one.
luisboris is offline   Reply With Quote