cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Kindle DX $379???

When did they lower the price on the DX? I remember it being around $469
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:53 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88985 for info on the price drop and the new DX.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #3
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
..and everybody was giving me a hard time for anticipating this...HAAAAA!!!!
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #4
drl
drl began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR800
..and I just bought one a few weeks ago at the old price!!! You can't win with tech products.
drl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:56 PM   #5
bookwerm
Zealot
bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: B&N Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by drl View Post
..and I just bought one a few weeks ago at the old price!!! You can't win with tech products.
If by few weeks it was in the last month, I think you can contact Amazon to get a refund for the price difference.
bookwerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #6
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
I just bought mine in April, so I'm really screwed. At least you can get a refund within 30 days of purchase, but I'm just out the money now.

This is what I don't like about getting on the technology train: I always end up feeling like I'm being left behind on the platform within a few months! Grrrr....
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:14 PM   #7
blueoyster
blueoyster began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneD View Post
I just bought mine in April, so I'm really screwed. At least you can get a refund within 30 days of purchase, but I'm just out the money now.

This is what I don't like about getting on the technology train: I always end up feeling like I'm being left behind on the platform within a few months! Grrrr....
I don't think it's much of an upgrade. The real Kindle DX 3 should be released later this year. So, apart from price drop, there isn't much loss
blueoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:45 PM   #8
libinbin
libinbin began at the beginning.

Device: dell x50v,ipod touch, nokia n810,htc desire
yes, i am waiting for the new device for quite a long time.
libinbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:05 AM   #9
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneD View Post

I always see it that way, if i have missed the new technology train i had much more time enjoying the old one people missed out catching the new train

Think positive!
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:53 AM   #10
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoyster View Post
I don't think it's much of an upgrade. The real Kindle DX 3 should be released later this year. So, apart from price drop, there isn't much loss
It has the new Pearl screen. Better tech + lower price = a much better value.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:33 AM   #11
avlad
avlad began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, DX, DXG
the old DX (white version) is now 359$
avlad is offline   Reply With Quote