Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 07-11-2009, 10:17 PM   #31
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp View Post
Any next release (update) of Atlantis Word Processor will generate multilevel TOCs (both inline and NCX) in ePubs. You could have up to 9 levels in your TOCs. All you will be supposed to do is to format the proper headings in your source document with the "Heading 1", "Heading 2", "Heading 3", ... styles.
Excellent stuff Atlantis Ocean Mind shoudl be more widly recognised methinks, one of, if not the best Windows word processors out there.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:15 PM   #32
awp
Addict
awp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, there is the Mobile ADE standard. It specifies that no flow can be more then 300K. So if AW was to have an option to verify this for each flow, then yes, it would work to verify that the resulting ePub was Mobile ADE compatible. Mobile ADE is from Adobe. I don't see that it should be that difficult to add this bit of functionality. If you do, you might get more people interested in your program.
Any next update of Atlantis Word Processor (version 1.6.4.2 and higher) will automatically split "too long" chapters within ePubs into series of smaller XHTMLs.

Last edited by awp; 09-24-2009 at 06:47 PM. Reason: mistyped the version number
awp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 07:21 PM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Any next update of Atlantis Word Processor (version 1.6.4.3 and higher) will automatically split "too long" chapters within ePubs into series of smaller XHTMLs.
Very nice!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:50 PM   #34
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litter

Device: sony 600
Thumbs up

I ran across this by accident an immediately came out here to see if it was a viable option ... and ... found out everything I wanted.

I downloaded the free copy, and was able to create an easily navigable document to use on my Sony. Since I can also load rtf, I will experiment before putting down the $35.

What a great forum - every time I want to know something about readers and publishing, I come by and WOW you have the info I need and want.
Grandma Aubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:59 PM   #35
awp
Addict
awp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

A new minor update of Atlantis Word Processor has been released. It has a number of improvements to the "Save as eBook (EPUB)" feature:
  • Multilevel TOCs (up to 9 levels) are now supported.
  • Overlong topics are now automatically split into multiple XHTMLs (the 300K limit).
  • More metadata types (fields) are now supported.
    And more.
You can find the complete list of changes here:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com.../1_6_4_002.htm

Those who already have a copy of Atlantis Word Processor, can upgrade through the "Help | Check for Updates..." menu command of Atlantis.

Thought some of you might be interested.
Advert
Old 10-01-2009, 02:57 AM   #36
orion2001
Groupie
orion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505
Thanks for all the great work. This sounds awesome. I'm going to go ahead and give it a try
orion2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:13 PM   #37
orion2001
Groupie
orion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notes

Wow! I just tried Atlantis Word Processor to create an EPUB and it worked flawlessly! I'm extremely happy with the results and the ease of use. The word processor is also very robust and I was able to correct all the straight quotes in my test ebook to curly quotes by simply using the auto-correct feature.

The only thing I needed to tweak later was the font size and some custom css to embed fonts stored on my PRS-505 internal memory. That was easy enough. I unzipped the epub file, edited the style.css file and then rezipped everything into a zip file using WINRAR. Finally I just changed the zip file extension to .epub and the file worked without a hitch on my PRS-505.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:30 PM   #38
awp
Addict

Could you please tell why you needed to tweak the font size from the CSS file. You can change the font size directly in your original document in Atlantis Word Processor. There are hot keys in Atlantis that you could use to shrink/grow font size of the selected text fragment by 1pt: Ctrl+[ and Ctrl+].
Old 10-05-2009, 05:42 PM   #39
orion2001
Groupie

Quote:
Could you please tell why you needed to tweak the font size from the CSS file. You can change the font size directly in your original document in Atlantis Word Processor. There are hot keys in Atlantis that you could use to shrink/grow font size of the selected text fragment by 1pt: Ctrl+[ and Ctrl+].
Hi awp,

Actually I was doing the font tweaking in CSS only because I am comfortable with Css and I needed to go in there and edit it in any case for embedding fonts. I do agree that in general it is best to do it from within the wordprocessor.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #40
awp
Addict

OK, thanks for explaining.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:26 AM   #41
awp
Addict

The upcoming version of Atlantis Word Processor 1.6.4.3 will have a number of improvements to the "Save as ePub" feature. Cover images will be saved to ePubs in a better way. The book content will be divided into XHTMLs in a smarter way in cases when your original document contains headings of two or more levels. New metadata field will be automatically generated.

You can find details in the Atlantis Word Processor blog:

http://atlantiswordprocessor.blogspo...polishing.html
Old 11-04-2009, 04:53 AM   #42
awp
Addict

tweak_epub

By the way, through the latest post to the Atlantis blog, you can download a free utility "tweak_epub":
Atlantis Word Processor Blog. Tweaking EPUBs.
(you will find a download link plus instructions there)

It can be used to make minor changes to existing EPUBs.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:56 AM   #43
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
The tweak_epub program sounds great. However, I just loath notepad for various reasons. For one thing, it does not handle CR/LF quite right and makes a mess of it. It also does not handle UTF-8 files very good.

I personally use Notepad++ but there are many others who can handle it correctly. Would it be very difficult to let us choose the text editor?
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:47 AM   #44
awp
Addict

The updated version of this utility allows to choose a text editor.

Please click the following link for details:

Atlantis Word Processor Blog. Tweaking ePubs (4): Choosing a text editor
Old 12-16-2009, 07:02 AM   #45
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
I have tried Atlantis, and I like very much. With Atlantis, I can convert my word files to epub. And I found something interesting: the epub files created by Atlantis, after unpacked, can be imported to Mobipocket Creator directly.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, epub