Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-13-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Selling Sony PRS-505, unregister?

Hi guys,
Sorry if this question isn't in the right forum, but here goes: I assume I would have to unregister my PRS-505 in order to sell it. Can anyone advise how this is done? and secondly, Would I need to do a hard reset in order to put the unit back to original factory status?
Thanks in advance for your help.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:40 PM   #2
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Yes, you can unregister through your account in the sony library software. I no longer have my 505, but I believe under settings is an option to restore to factory defaults.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 08:44 PM   #3
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Sony's customer service can also help get the reader de-registered even after you have sold it. Don't ask me how I know this....

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:41 PM   #4
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
You only need Sony Customer service to help if you no longer have the reader; you can de-register it yourself before mailing it out to the new owner. Sony had to de-register my old reader this past December because I sent it for service and instead of them fixing it, they sent me a brand new reader; so even though I bought my PRS-505 since December 6, 2007, the one in my actual possession is 2 months old since I received the new one on December 15, 2008!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sony 505