Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-30-2018, 12:34 PM   #1
omermaras
omermaras began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Note 2
moon reader - epub books continuous pages

hi folks,
have been using moon reader for years, and the only problem I have are the page numbers in epub books - while in txt, pdf etc files the pages show for the whole book (from 1 to 300 in a book of 300 pages) in the status bar, in epub books only the pages of that specific chapter are shown (so in the same book of 300 pages, the present chapter of, say 40 pages, shows "4 of 40 pages" in the status bar, which then changes to, say, "1 of 55 pages" in the next chapter of 55 pages.
when I open the same file in librera pro, the full page numbers are shown (so instead of counting the "total" for each chapter, the "total" is of the whole book). I want this same in moon reader, but can't find any setting for that.
I'd expect there to be a "disable repagination for each chapter" option to be enabled or disabled in the "disable CSS options" setting.. but there isn't..

Has anybody got any idea how (if) I could do this in moonreader?
omermaras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 07:58 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by omermaras View Post
I'd expect there to be a "disable repagination for each chapter" option to be enabled or disabled in the "disable CSS options" setting.. but there isn't..
There is a reason you won't find it under CSS. Since letting the user know how many screen turns are left is not a CSS function. It is different for each ereader depending on screen resolution and font size. Since I have older eyes my font size is larger so my chapter that says 84 page turns remaining may say 48 page turns remaining for you on your device.

For both of us the percentage of the book read would be approximately the same if we were at the same place in the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omermaras View Post
Has anybody got any idea how (if) I could do this in moonreader?
Unless I missed something I don't believe that currently there is any way to do what you want in Moon+ Reader. The best you can get is the approximate reading time remaining for the book and the percentage % of the book you have read thus far, see attached. Both options on the bottom right side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-04-30-19-18-49.png
Views:	497
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	163768  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-30-2018 at 08:03 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2018, 05:01 PM   #3
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I think the page indications in Moon+ are the only ones that make sense among all the ereaders I've used. I have Kindles, Kobos and a Nook and I've used a number of ebook reading apps on my phone. Most gave some sort of page number but it's rarely related to anything. It's just a number and you can use it if you know the number of pages in total to estimate your progress as you read. With Moon+ you have the numbers related to your real situation. Even paper book page numbers aren't as useful.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:28 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I think the page indications in Moon+ are the only ones that make sense among all the ereaders I've used. I have Kindles, Kobos and a Nook and I've used a number of ebook reading apps on my phone. Most gave some sort of page number but it's rarely related to anything. It's just a number and you can use it if you know the number of pages in total to estimate your progress as you read. With Moon+ you have the numbers related to your real situation. Even paper book page numbers aren't as useful.
I agree. the screen turns left in a chapter give me real info when I'm looking for a stopping point or when I am deciding if I have the time to read another chapter. While the pecent read or the time remaining give me a good idea of where in the book I am.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote