Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-06-2009, 11:53 AM   #1
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
The Cybook can be bought directly in Lisbon!

Pixmania is reporting to have the The Cybook in their showroom in Lisbon for 289 euros:
(http://www.pixmania.com/pr-productos/ptpt_18.html)
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Great. 290€. That's 25% less than what I paid for it in May 2008!
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i'm also surprised how quickly prices have gone down. but overall it's a good thing (although frustrating to people who bought theirs early... but think of all the pleasure you've gotten in the intervening months, right ? how can you put a price on that ? ). when i first starting telling my friends about liseuses they were all really interested, until they heard the price, then they hesitated. it's a lot of money to some people (to most people, i would argue). and i think it's one of the biggest obstacles to ebooks still. hopefully the prices will continue to drop ; it would be brilliant to be able to buy one for 100€ !! then i think people would not hesitate very long.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:32 PM   #4
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Hey I have paid for a Sony 505 in December 54% of what I have pied for my Cybook almost one year ago - same generation readers (my Cybook is still the 64 MByte one).

It’s natural market evolution, hell… how much devices have just disappeared or have zero commercial value 1 year after they go out to the market?

Anyway, for people around here, this is an opportunity nut just to buy a Cybook for a good price, but do it “in the flesh”.
Also they have a 15 day return policy, so…

I know several people here have horrendous stories with Pixmania, but this is a buying in physical shop they have in Lisbon and I confess I have had never a problem with them.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:41 AM   #5
ricdiogo
Gutenberger
ricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Can't find it any more.
ricdiogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #6
DDHarriman
Guru

You are right.

Someone must have seen it (probably here), went there and bought it.

One can still buy and have it in one day and a half on the shop (http://www.pixmania.com/pt/pt/r/cybook) just paying 3,90 euros for the transport.