Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 02-13-2019, 02:51 AM   #256
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
It's been a week since my last charge, and I am charging my Mimas today, with an estimated 4 more days left. I am satisfied with how long the battery is lasting between charges. I use it quite a lot and always have the light on - somewhere around mid-level or a little higher. I don't think I have had Wifi on at all though.

Anyway... while I am charging the Mimas, I thought I would take the time to add a few books. I expected to see folders and my individual book titles in the "Books" folder in the root folder... the "Books" folder is there, but it is completely empty! I don't understand why that is. Where are all of my books, including the books I was just reading when I plugged the device in for charging and file transfer? They are on the device. Does the Boyue software hide them somewhere? I am flummoxed.

I'm quoting myself below because I originally had my books organized in folders and subfolders in the "Books" root folder... but the Boyue software was messing up that organization when I tapped on the 'Books' tab at the top of the screen... so I later changed the names of all of those folders I made by adding 'Fiction' or 'Nonfiction' to the name of the subfolders. (I did that renaming on the device itself rather than when it was plugged in to my computer.)

I expected to see all of those subfolders now and to be able to transfer some additional books into the appropriate subfolder. Instead there are no folders and no books in the "Books" root folder!

Here are my two previous posts on the subject, in case it helps:

Can anyone help me understand what the heck is going on? What am I missing? (Other than my books?)
Are you sure all your books are still there, you can open one you have never read on there before? On the PC what is your hierarchy like?
Malcolm
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:15 AM   #257
Jose Manuel S
Enthusiast
Jose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: none
What filesystem has the micro SD? It's usually FAT32 by default, but if your microSD has NTFS sometimes it gives problems in Android, both filesystems are property of Microsoft and the companies have to pay royalties to use it. FAT32 is 32 bits and the file size no more than 3,5 GB each one.

If you will only use the microSD with Android I'll recomend you Ext4 or ReiserFS, more info here about both filesystems. You need any Linux distribution to do it, Windows won't recognize the microSD.

Last edited by Jose Manuel S; 02-13-2019 at 09:19 AM.
Jose Manuel S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:50 PM   #258
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
Are you sure all your books are still there, you can open one you have never read on there before? On the PC what is your hierarchy like?
Malcolm
Yes, they are still there. I've opened a bunch of them including books I had never opened before. Looking at the Mimas root Books folder on my PC, there is no hierarchy because no books are shown for some unknown reason.

I originally added the bulk of my books by transferring them from my PC to the the root "Books" folder, using the USB C-USB A cable I bought. In the root folder, they were organized into either "Fiction" or "NonFiction" folders, further sorted into additional subfolders.

The Book tab at the top (I guess that should be referred to as the "Bookshelf"?) would not display my books in that preferred order... so I ended up using the file manager to rename my folders - starting with fiction or nonfiction at the start of the name and getting rid of the top level fiction/nonfiction folders.

Anyway... it's so weird that those folders all show up when I browse with the Mimas file manager. The books are all there, in their appropriate folders just the way I renamed them. And they show up under the Books tab, divided into the folders I made.

They just don't show up when I try to transfer books and click on that same Books folder in the root. It's perplexing.

I am able to see all of my other folders in the root, along with all the materials inside each folder... and I can transfer those files, delete them, move them etc. Just not Books.

It's an annoyance because I can't put the books into the folders where they belong when I transfer the files from my PC. Instead, I put the books I wanted to add into the Books folder, but then I later have to cut and paste each file on the device to move them to the appropriate folders. That is not a big deal when I transfer just a few, but it becomes frustrating if I want to transfer a lot of books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Manuel S View Post
What filesystem has the micro SD? It's usually FAT32 by default, but if your microSD has NTFS sometimes it gives problems in Android, both filesystems are property of Microsoft and the companies have to pay royalties to use it. FAT32 is 32 bits and the file size no more than 3,5 GB each one.

If you will only use the microSD with Android I'll recomend you Ext4 or ReiserFS, more info here about both filesystems. You need any Linux distribution to do it, Windows won't recognize the microSD.
I'm not sure if your post was in reply to mine, but in case it is -- I do not have a micro SD card in my Mimas.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:56 PM   #259
Jose Manuel S
Enthusiast
Jose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animalsJose Manuel S is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: none
I thought you have a micro SD attached, in this e-reader everything fails.

Last edited by Jose Manuel S; 02-13-2019 at 02:53 PM.
Jose Manuel S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 03:27 PM   #260
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yes, they are still there. I've opened a bunch of them including books I had never opened before. Looking at the Mimas root Books folder on my PC, there is no hierarchy because no books are shown for some unknown reason.

I originally added the bulk of my books by transferring them from my PC to the the root "Books" folder, using the USB C-USB A cable I bought. In the root folder, they were organized into either "Fiction" or "NonFiction" folders, further sorted into additional subfolders.

The Book tab at the top (I guess that should be referred to as the "Bookshelf"?) would not display my books in that preferred order... so I ended up using the file manager to rename my folders - starting with fiction or nonfiction at the start of the name and getting rid of the top level fiction/nonfiction folders.

Anyway... it's so weird that those folders all show up when I browse with the Mimas file manager. The books are all there, in their appropriate folders just the way I renamed them. And they show up under the Books tab, divided into the folders I made.

They just don't show up when I try to transfer books and click on that same Books folder in the root. It's perplexing.

I am able to see all of my other folders in the root, along with all the materials inside each folder... and I can transfer those files, delete them, move them etc. Just not Books.

It's an annoyance because I can't put the books into the folders where they belong when I transfer the files from my PC. Instead, I put the books I wanted to add into the Books folder, but then I later have to cut and paste each file on the device to move them to the appropriate folders. That is not a big deal when I transfer just a few, but it becomes frustrating if I want to transfer a lot of books.

I'm not sure if your post was in reply to mine, but in case it is -- I do not have a micro SD card in my Mimas.
Sounds like the Bookshelf thing indexed them and moved them somewhere or an issue with MTP is happening. Do you have the play store, if so get the app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tware.explorer and look at the book folder with that and if it's empty go to the root of the sdcard (mount point in android for internal unlike EXT_SDCARD) then in the top right tell it to search and put in a filename of a book exactly as you know it with extension and let it search for it.
Malcolm
Old 02-13-2019, 04:18 PM   #261
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sounds like the Bookshelf thing indexed them and moved them somewhere or an issue with MTP is happening. Do you have the play store, if so get the app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tware.explorer and look at the book folder with that and if it's empty go to the root of the sdcard (mount point in android for internal unlike EXT_SDCARD) then in the top right tell it to search and put in a filename of a book exactly as you know it with extension and let it search for it.
Malcolm
Thank you for your suggestion, Malcolm. I haven't had Playstore or the Google framework enabled since I reset the device, and I rather prefer it that way. I may try that Explorer app some time in the future though... I guess it depends how much this idiosyncrasy will end up bothering me. It's not a major problem or anything, just strange.

I don't think I've restarted the device since I changed the folder names. Maybe that will help.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:42 PM   #262
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Thank you for your suggestion, Malcolm. I haven't had Playstore or the Google framework enabled since I reset the device, and I rather prefer it that way. I may try that Explorer app some time in the future though... I guess it depends how much this idiosyncrasy will end up bothering me. It's not a major problem or anything, just strange.

I don't think I've restarted the device since I changed the folder names. Maybe that will help.
If you just want to side load it to check use this apk of it off the store. https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/speed-...-apk-download/
I have used the pro version of this app since the Moto Droid 1. When your done with it just remove it and disable security/unknown sources if you want so apps can't be side loaded again.
Malcolm
Old 02-15-2019, 07:04 AM   #263
mrpotts
Connoisseur
mrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Digital Paper, Amazon Paperwhite
Anyone having any success with an easy way to annotate PDFs?

Thanks,
Phil
mrpotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:16 PM   #264
blue_skies
Evangelist

Quote:
Malcolm
Hey, just to follow up... simply rebooting the device ended up fixing that issue, and all my Books folders now show up on my PC.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:26 PM   #265
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Hey, just to follow up... simply rebooting the device ended up fixing that issue, and all my Books folders now show up on my PC.
Odd, means the storage indexer was not staying in the background which it should, well at least it was a simple fix.
Malcolm
Old 02-17-2019, 04:28 AM   #266
simple
simple began at the beginning.

Device: PRS650
Malcolm, can you tell me how I might be able to put a link to a specific folder on a desktop somewhere on the Mimas? Can't find how to do that.

Aslo am not sure where to find auto-contrast settings? Just finished reviewing a 1000 page PDF (!) for work, and pages scanned darkly auto-lightened a bit more than wad helpful. Using eReader Prestigio but the setting wasn't in its menus.

Thanks for any help!
Simple
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 04:55 AM   #267
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
Malcolm, can you tell me how I might be able to put a link to a specific folder on a desktop somewhere on the Mimas? Can't find how to do that.

Aslo am not sure where to find auto-contrast settings? Just finished reviewing a 1000 page PDF (!) for work, and pages scanned darkly auto-lightened a bit more than wad helpful. Using eReader Prestigio but the setting wasn't in its menus.

Thanks for any help!
Simple
Don't think you can make a special shortcut on the books tab of the launcher if that is what you mean. For the contrast go to the app tab and hold down on the icon of the app and you should get a popup with settings, I don't have a mimas so can't check completely for you but i'm pretty sure it's almost identical software to the mars.
Malcolm
Old 02-17-2019, 11:01 AM   #268
opit78
opit78 began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas, Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
I own this device for about 2 weeks now and I really like it so far.
I have issue with few things:
1. PDF annotation doesn't work well if you use auto scaling option (to fit entire screen), you annotate something and when you go back to this page yours annotation is all messed up and in wrong place on the page.
2. I cannot find the way to bookmark page in the book ?!
3. Notes needs folders or categories badly.
4. Notes background options (list of backgrounds) have to be more visible, it's hard to see which one is for music sheet for example. Now I remember that I have to choose Pinyin or Pentas.
5. I would like to be able to mix cold backlight with warm backlight, now it's one or the other only.

Does stylus's button have any use at the moment ?
opit78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:06 AM   #269
foro.carlos
foro.carlos doesn't litterforo.carlos doesn't litter

Device: likebook mimas
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by opit78 View Post
Does stylus's button have any use at the moment ?
I don't think so.

Just a heads up.
I wrote the likebook shop about an SDK to make use of the screen refresh and the brightness in apps and they replied this:
Quote:
hi, after checked with boyue team, they will supply SDK maybe in Aug of this year, but not now because device just release and many new feature is add and bugs under fixing.
Very good news (if true). That could mean to open the note taking experience out of their apps only. !!!
foro.carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:48 AM   #270
pantale
pantale began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas
I also bought this tablet last week, and for the moment, my experience is positive.

My primary use is to annotate PDF files, read PDFs and EPUBs, so the reactive, easy to use aspect suits me.
I look forward to updating the application to annotate PDFs so that I can put my hand on the screen without interfering with the interface.

Olivier
pantale is offline   Reply With Quote