Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-22-2019, 04:44 AM   #571
FrustratedReader
Busy elsewhere
FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FrustratedReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The note seems to precede the highlight in "my clippings.txt" which seems odd.
A note without being associated with the highlighted source is useless.

You can have highlights without a note, but not vice-versa.
FrustratedReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:19 AM   #572
Katja_hbg
Connoisseur
Katja_hbg 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Katja_hbg 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Katja_hbg 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Katja_hbg 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Katja_hbg 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Katja_hbg 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Katja_hbg 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Katja_hbg 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Katja_hbg 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Katja_hbg 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Katja_hbg 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
hi @davidfor
In an other thread you wrote «I actively discourage use of the "Copy annotations for Selected Books" function in my Kobo Utilities plugin. It is ugly, something I put together when I was first learning about this, and if I could, would drop. Each time someone mentions they use it, I am surprised.»
I switched from Kobo Utilities to Annotation after it shows all that strange additional lines.
After some setting learning I am now ok with the new method.

The only disadvantage of Annotation is the shortkey as I need to name one for each device.
I would prefer, like for KU, to have one shortkey running the annotation fetch. There is only one advice active at the the same time.

Could you imagine to provide one single shortkey to fetch independent of the connected device?
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:58 AM   #573
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
hi @davidfor
In an other thread you wrote «I actively discourage use of the "Copy annotations for Selected Books" function in my Kobo Utilities plugin. It is ugly, something I put together when I was first learning about this, and if I could, would drop. Each time someone mentions they use it, I am surprised.»
I switched from Kobo Utilities to Annotation after it shows all that strange additional lines.
After some setting learning I am now ok with the new method.

The only disadvantage of Annotation is the shortkey as I need to name one for each device.
I would prefer, like for KU, to have one shortkey running the annotation fetch. There is only one advice active at the the same time.

Could you imagine to provide one single shortkey to fetch independent of the connected device?
I hadn't thought of that. You can have only one device connected at a time, so using only one shortcut key makes send.

But, how did you set the shortcut key? The plugin isn't listed in the calibre preferences. I'm sure there is another way to set them, but, it escapes me at the moment.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 02:33 AM   #574
Katja_hbg
Connoisseur
Katja_hbg 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Katja_hbg 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Katja_hbg 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Katja_hbg 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Katja_hbg 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Katja_hbg 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Katja_hbg 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Katja_hbg 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Katja_hbg 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Katja_hbg 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.Katja_hbg 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

oh sorry, I am wrong.
I did not find a possibility to add ashortcut. Of course I like to have one.
In the favourites plugin it is possible to add function of loading annotation. And this dependents from device i.e. two devices are two entries, which make no sense but does not matter. I mixed up this with shortcut.

Sorry for the confusion.
Do you like to offer a shortcut?
Old 02-08-2019, 02:47 AM   #575
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
oh sorry, I am wrong.
I did not find a possibility to add ashortcut. Of course I like to have one.
In the favourites plugin it is possible to add function of loading annotation. And this dependents from device i.e. two devices are two entries, which make no sense but does not matter. I mixed up this with shortcut.

Sorry for the confusion.
Do you like to offer a shortcut?
I did think of the Favourites Plugin, but, when I looked, the fetch wasn't there. I just remembered that only currently available menu options are displayed. I needed to connect a device to see the fetch. I'll have a look at what can be done there. I have a feeling it won't be possible.

The plugin should be registering shortcuts. My other ones do, so I'll add this. But, the fetch is a little trickier as it would be best to register a single short cut for "Fetch from connected device". I have no idea if that is possible without actually displaying the menu item. Which I might do and have it disabled when a suitable device is not connected.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 02:51 AM   #576
Katja_hbg
Connoisseur

«The plugin should be registering shortcuts. My other ones do, so I'll add this. But, the fetch is a little trickier as it would be best to register a single short cut for "Fetch from connected device".»
I am looking forward for the shortcut. Favourite is only nice to have for me.
The KU-fetch works with one single Shortcut, that's why I miss that comfort.
Thanks for looking into that.