Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-22-2018, 12:15 PM   #1
ka1user
ka1user began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Angry OverDrive sign-in broken

Hello,

I have had a KA1 with stock firmware for about a year now. I was using OverDrive to borrow and read books through the device, but sometime in the last month or two, it stopped working; I'm not certain exactly when. Now, when I try to sign in to my OverDrive account, it stalls after I select my library and enter my library card number. I have even tried doing this with my KA1 connected to the library's WiFi, but to no avail. It's very frustrating, especially because it used to work perfectly!

This is on firmware 4.12.12111, and has been happening at least since firmware 4.11.x, possibly earlier. Has anyone else run into this?
ka1user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 07:26 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have seen something like that, but it was because my library card expired. In my case, the library issues a temporary card when you sign up on-line. You need to visit a branch to get a permanent card. I forgot to do this and what you described happened when the card expired.

And as a note, it won't matter much where you are doing this. The device is talking to either Kobo servers or OD servers. If necessary, OD, will talk to your library.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2018, 10:12 PM   #3
ka1user
ka1user began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I found another thread describing the exact same problem:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=305794

This was fixed by performing a Factory Reset. Unfortunately, I did lose all my bookmarks, highlights, places in my books, etc.
ka1user is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, overdrive