Old 01-25-2016, 04:14 PM   #1
reup
Connoisseur
reup began at the beginning.

Device: hp ipaq hx2750
convert ODT with multiples svg to epub double the images [Solved]

hello all,

on linux with LOv5

I create an empty document in LibreOffice.

I create with inkscape 2 images that I save as svg

I import in my LibreOffice document the 2 svg, then save it in odt format

I insert the odt in calibre library then convert it to epub

my svg images end up been doubled and each on top of the other

like if the svg format is converted to another format but both format are still here

any idea how I could solve this issue ?

thx

reup

Last edited by reup; 01-27-2016 at 03:02 AM.
reup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 09:12 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186697
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2016, 07:08 AM   #3
reup
Connoisseur

I apologize, I will follow the instruction and post here again.

ruep
Old 01-26-2016, 08:24 AM   #4
reup
Connoisseur

hello again,

I have attached to this post a zip file with

11.odt original file before I include it in calibre
11 - unknow.odt file odt included in calibre
11 - unknow.epub conversion by calibre from odt to epub
job_details is the file with the .... job details
metadata.opf is the file opf found in the calibre created folder

in my 2 odt, there is only one version of each images, in the epub, there seems to be 1 version in png format and one in svg format

for info (this is not a comparison as I am very grateful for your work), I have done the conversion with the LO plugin writer2epub and did not have this issue

reup
Attached Files
File Type: zip 11 - Unknown.epub.zip (113.3 KB, 179 views)
Old 01-26-2016, 10:54 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Your ODT file contains duplicate copies of the image, in png and svg format, they are drawn on top of each other, so they are visible. Remove one of the copies and you will be fine.
Advert
Old 01-26-2016, 11:19 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Probably because LibreOffice does stupid things like storing a PNG fallback when you insert an SVG image, as described here: https://www.bountysource.com/issues/...-into-the-file

I suggest saving your ODT as docx, that might workaround the behavior.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:02 AM   #7
reup
Connoisseur

Kovidgoyal,

I am reading the bug info you send for LO and it seems like something done by them.

maybe they will include an option to not have a backup of the images, it looks like it is done for reverse compatibility so with time it should be removed. but this has nothing to do with Calibre

thanks

reup
Old 01-27-2016, 03:35 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I added code to calibre to ignore the fallback image: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...8518a372adb2cb
Old 01-27-2016, 03:39 AM   #9
reup
Connoisseur

no wonder Calibre is the best of its genre, I never saw such a reactivity

thanks again

reup