Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #1
blurble
blurble began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Syncing notes using Annotations

My poor Kindle 4 is showing signs of imminent death. Most of my books have been sideloaded through Calibre, and I've become a pretty heavy user of notes, highlights, and bookmarks. I'm trying to make sure I've backed up all my notes (etc.) before the inevitable happens, but I'm having some trouble.

I installed Annotations and used it to copy down the notes from my Kindle to my Calibre library. That seemed to work well, however any time I've then copied an annotated book back from Calibre to another device there are no notes.

Am I missing a step? Is there a better way to back up my notes and marks?

blurble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
The Annotations plugin doesn't back up your annotations - it imports them into a custom column in calibre.

The annotations are stored in a sidecar or companion file on your Kindle. I believe they use the .MBP extension. You would need to copy those files along with the book to keep your annotations intact when adding a book to a Kindle. Calibre doesn't have a mechanism to manage these files, you would have to do it manually.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert