Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-15-2016, 07:54 AM   #1
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
Kobo Aura One and Calibre

I just got a KA1 (yay!) but am having real problems with it and calibre. I had problems getting calibre transfered to my new computer and while I eventually got my books on calibre I don't think my settings transfered over and I am having to recreate them.
I can transfer my books from calibre to my KA1 and they show up in books, but not under collections. The only books that show up under collections are the ones from the Kobo store. I am obviously missing something, but don't know what or where I should look. Help??

Mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 03:02 PM   #2
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
You probably need to configure the Kobo device driver in Calibre and tell it to add your books to collections when it sends them, and then remove and re-send them.

(So, if you want to sort by author, put "authors" in the blank.)
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2016, 08:02 PM   #3
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have KoboUtilities and KoboTouchExtended plugins. Is it in one of these? Or in my preferences somewhere? I can follow instructions pretty well, but this is not real intuitive to me.

Mary
Old 11-15-2016, 08:35 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
It is the "driver" that needs to be configired. That is normally the KoboTouch driver, but as you have installed the KoboTouchExtended plugin, that's what will be used. The instructions for configuring the driver are in the "Quick Guide to Shelf Management" sticky at the top of this forum.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:47 PM   #5
rxmom03
Addict

Thanks! That is just what I needed!

Mary
Advert