Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 11-24-2016, 02:13 PM   #16
CyberPaul
Groupie
CyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage - Tolino Vision 4 HD - Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
In my example, within Collections on the Tolino, I see books organised by {tag}, which is the genre I have given them. Within each genre, books are then sorted by author name.
That's weird!
Tag is the second level! Is this happening because Shelf is constant?
Does this create a physical folder called Shelf and then tag inside?
How did you get an order by author? With the sort criterion within the tolino?
Sorry for asking so many questions
CyberPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 01:31 AM   #17
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
@CyberPaul

I am no expert on this, I simply practised with different builds of my formatting until I got the collection as I wanted it.

In my example of formatting, if one level of / is removed I would get a collection called Shelf, but no further level of breakdown. So, my format tells the Tolino to create an internal folder called Shelf, then a Collection called {tag} and organise my books within those Collection.

Your best option is probably to try it yourself.

The author sort I referred to is using Tolino's in built sort option.

By way of correction, I note I gave the wrong metadata plugboard format - the format I use to ensure books within a series are listed in order on my Tolino is {series_index:0>2s|[|] }{series:|| } {title}.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 11:41 PM   #18
bel3atar
Connoisseur
bel3atar began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Does it run android? Is it rootable?

Last edited by bel3atar; 11-25-2016 at 11:44 PM.
bel3atar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 02:31 AM   #19
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bel3atar View Post
Does it run android? Is it rootable?
It is android based. On lesen.net there are instructions for rooting, but I could only get them to work by having my Tolino system language set as German, which was not useful.

Sent from my YOGA Tablet 2-830F using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2016, 03:46 PM   #20
firefoxxy
Zealot
firefoxxy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hello church mouse!

I'm very interested in buying a Tolino, probably the Vision 3HD (My old Sony is about to expire, I fear. And since there doesn't seem to be a decent 6'' Kobo reader available anymore). As I have difficulties to imagine the shelf-system I thought it would be best to ask...

I'm using a Sony T1 and love its collection system. As far as I understand, the shelves on the Tolino are something similar?

So now to get it right: Let's imagine I have a book in my Calibre library that has about 10 different tags. Would the plugboard routine you mention then create 10 different shelves that hold the same book? Like this:

Title: Snow White
Author: Brothers Grimm
Tags/Genre/Metadata: Novel, Fiction, Fairy Tale, Happy End, Princess, Dwarves, Magic, Bad Stepmother

So each of the tags would become one shelf? And if I had another story (Beauty and the Beast) with the tag 'novel' it would also appear in the shelf 'Novel'?

Another thing I heard is that there has been a new update of the Tolino software (to 1.9.something). Did this impact on your plugboard/shelving-system?

Thank you!

P.S. Sorry if this is not the right thread.

Last edited by firefoxxy; 11-29-2016 at 03:49 PM. Reason: because I can't type properly...
firefoxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:35 AM   #21
church mouse
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxxy View Post
Hello church mouse!

I'm very interested in buying a Tolino, probably the Vision 3HD (My old Sony is about to expire, I fear. And since there doesn't seem to be a decent 6'' Kobo reader available anymore). As I have difficulties to imagine the shelf-system I thought it would be best to ask...

I'm using a Sony T1 and love its collection system. As far as I understand, the shelves on the Tolino are something similar?

So now to get it right: Let's imagine I have a book in my Calibre library that has about 10 different tags. Would the plugboard routine you mention then create 10 different shelves that hold the same book? Like this:

Title: Snow White
Author: Brothers Grimm
Tags/Genre/Metadata: Novel, Fiction, Fairy Tale, Happy End, Princess, Dwarves, Magic, Bad Stepmother

So each of the tags would become one shelf? And if I had another story (Beauty and the Beast) with the tag 'novel' it would also appear in the shelf 'Novel'?

Another thing I heard is that there has been a new update of the Tolino software (to 1.9.something). Did this impact on your plugboard/shelving-system?

Thank you!

P.S. Sorry if this is not the right thread.
The answer is that the current Collections work around would result in the book with multiple tags being put once in to a single Collection with a name consisting of all of that book's tags. It is not a "cross-referencing" file system.

To make Collections usable on my Tolino I ended up pruning my tagging so nearly all of my books have only one genre tag. (Within Calibre I have created an additional column which I use for multiple genre cross-referencing within Calibre but I do not send that column data to the Tolino)

I have the 1.9 firmware running and it is mainly an interface change, it does not alter the Collections management.

The Pocketbook range of e-readers has a much more complete file system management, though you will see from the Pocketbook forum here that its firmware has its own idiosyncrasies. (If I was buying now, I might be tempted by the Pocketbook Touch HD, although it is a bit bigger and heavier than the Tolino Vision, but that is only a "might" because my Tolino is proving very stable, and easy to hold for long reading sessions).

Old 11-30-2016, 12:44 PM   #22
firefoxxy
Zealot

Quote:
The Pocketbook range of e-readers has a much more complete file system management, though you will see from the Pocketbook forum here that its firmware has its own idiosyncrasies. (If I was buying now, I might be tempted by the Pocketbook Touch HD, although it is a bit bigger and heavier than the Tolino Vision, but that is only a "might" because my Tolino is proving very stable, and easy to hold for long reading sessions).
Thank you very much for clarifying that. This might really kick Tolino out of my wish list, though...

I think I'll head over to the 'Which one should I buy' thread and ask for help with my decision. Again, thank you, church mouse!
Old 11-30-2016, 01:50 PM   #23
church mouse
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxxy View Post
Thank you very much for clarifying that. This might really kick Tolino out of my wish list, though...

I think I'll head over to the 'Which one should I buy' thread and ask for help with my decision. Again, thank you, church mouse!
The Inkbook Obsidian and its replacement, the new Inkbook Prime, though they both have lower 212dpi screens, might be worth looking at.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:54 PM   #24
firefoxxy
Zealot

Okay, they Inkbooks are very interesting in that they are open systems, meaning I could probably customize them to my heart's content. But they offer, as you said, lower screen resolution at about the same price of the Tolino... Ah, the world was so much easier when I thought the Tolino would do what I want. Meh. (I hate making decisions.)

Thanks church mouse!
Old 02-05-2017, 06:47 AM   #25
c123
c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.c123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
It is android based. On lesen.net there are instructions for rooting, but I could only get them to work by having my Tolino system language set as German, which was not useful.

Genau, in my testing I could only keep the jailbreak if I kept the GUI language set to German. Still have not got round to seeing how to keep the jailbreak when language is set to English (I require Coolreader for books with images, so keep the language set to German).
c123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:52 PM   #26
AkiraReader
Connoisseur
AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkiraReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox, Kindles
How can we purchase this in the USA?
AkiraReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 07:52 PM   #27
bel3atar
Connoisseur
bel3atar began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
is there a solution to have the root work with the english UI?
bel3atar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:25 AM   #28
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bel3atar View Post
is there a solution to have the root work with the english UI?
I changed the language of my rooted Tolino Vision 3 HD to English and back to german withou any change of ROOT.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:31 PM   #29
CyberPaul
Groupie
CyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage - Tolino Vision 4 HD - Kobo Sage
Do you mean that it works as rooted also in English?
CyberPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:02 PM   #30
Meistrovich
Meistrovich began at the beginning.

Device: tolino vision 4hd
Hi!
I have this vision 4HD.
Im unsetisfied with the dictionaries on it. Its very annoying, and I would like to change it.
The look up is like for example: I look up "apples" and then the result is :apples is the plural of apple"...dont you say... and nothing more. So you have to manually correct all these things to get it work. Im not satisfied even with the explanations and examples as well.
The translator is good but there is no english-english and english-hungarian is not available.
I already tried to download and use these (https://github.com/rdoeffinger/Dicti...2-dictionaries)
but did not work. Anybody can help me in this?
Meistrovich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tolino, tolino vision